Thread: play xbox original on external hdd?

Default play xbox original on external hdd?

so is there a way to play an xbox original on external hdd? i downloaded ninja gaiden black and the info says i need internal hdd to play it, but i only have external hdd, so is there a way to play the game on external hdd?
    Please add +rep if you like my post or if i helped

Default Re: play xbox original on external hdd?

Without any internal hdd You aren't compatibile with 99% normal users/M$ system requirements.
    To run XBOX oryginals, M$ uses partition with emu files, it can be maded only on internal hdd. So to be 100% compatibile with M$ requirements You need internal HDD.
    If You have RGH it's no problem, coz many laptop users replace slow HDDs with SSD, so You can grab even 1TB in low cost.
    In GOD (containers) We Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by PeCetoLog View Post
    Without any internal hdd You aren't compatibile with 99% normal users/M$ system requirements.
    To run XBOX oryginals, M$ uses partition with emu files, it can be maded only on internal hdd. So to be 100% compatibile with M$ requirements You need internal HDD.
    If You have RGH it's no problem, coz many laptop users replace slow HDDs with SSD, so You can grab even 1TB in low cost.
    damn so the only way to play it is on internal hdd

ok let's say i get an original xbox360 hdd (20gb or whatever) but i have FSD and everything on the external hdd, but if i copy the xbox original game on the internal hdd it will work np? or do i also need to have FSD and everything on the internal hdd?

also what about dlc? can i play dlc on external hdd or only on internal hdd too?

FSD can be stored on external, dlc can be stored on external in system area, so hdd must be prepared by xbox360.
    Till system 17150 user could reserved up to 32GB for system files on external without format hdd (You ned just free space on external).
    From 17349 You can format only all external HDD for system usage, but first You must backup all files before format.
    Plus - You can have 2TB external with DLCs
    Minus - transfer files must be done with other usb/ftp coz Windows won't recognize this hdd anymore.
    Some games won't work with content on external due to efficiency ( external usb max 15MB/s).
    In GOD (containers) We Trust.