Thread: Xbox One X - True 4K Gaming

Thumbs up Xbox One X - True 4K Gaming

I'm thinking about buying this console. From what I have read and viewed a lot of articles, looks like this new generation is really worth to be taken in consideration. 4K gaming, HDR and 60 FPS sounds very good to me.

Now my question is, even though it has full backwards compatibility on older xbox one games, can you actually buy a second hand dvd case and install the game ? Let's take Far Cry 4 for instance. If I buy this game off ebay (fizical case+dvd, not the virtual activation code) and install it, will the new Xbox One X convert it automatically to 4K resolution and will it enchance the visuals?

I know there is a list of old games that will get some sort of enchanced visuals and 4k support (let's consider that Far Cry 4 is included in this game list), how will the xbox one x enchance visuals and add 4k support? By adding an update after you introduce the dvd in the console and install it?

Default Re: Xbox One X - True 4K Gaming

Yes, also works the same with all original xbox games that are backward compatible. Just put the disc in and it will install the updates, you will have to insert the disc to play everytime

I need a 4k TV before I even think about the xbox x lol

Sig By Duelord

That's good to know. Thank you for the info. Although I thought after you install the game (by introducing the dvd in the console) you don't have to play the actual game with the dvd in the drive. Doesn't that dvd have some sort of code implemented inside of it and copy it in your xbox account so that you shouldn't introduce the dvd in your console? You also have the option to install the game on your internal or external hdd(which actually is the only way to instal a game, doh). If you do this the console will still ask for the dvd?

It will always ask for the disc just like the 360 did