Thread: Xbox 360 Games DLL without Jtag?

Default Xbox 360 Games DLL without Jtag?

Hello! I'm new here and not familiar with modding the xbox 360 and stuff. (Also don't know where this topic should be placed so I put it here!)

I got a old xbox 360 which I'd like to download iso's on and just play. I'd like to not spend money as I'm a student and I'd not like to jtag my xbox! However I never play online so I'm not afraid of being banned.

What programs do I need? Is it possible to have a iso on a flash drive and play it off there and etc..

Default Re: Xbox 360 Games DLL without Jtag?

Quote Originally Posted by Sattineko View Post
    Hello! I'm new here and not familiar with modding the xbox 360 and stuff. (Also don't know where this topic should be placed so I put it here!)

I got a old xbox 360 which I'd like to download iso's on and just play. I'd like to not spend money as I'm a student and I'd not like to jtag my xbox! However I never play online so I'm not afraid of being banned.

What programs do I need? Is it possible to have a iso on a flash drive and play it off there and etc..
    you have 3 options really. 1: flash your dvd drive to played isos burned to a disc. 2: buy an "Optical Drive Emulator" like the x360key (xk3y). 3: jtag or rgh it. there is no program you can run to mod your xbox, anything you do will require you to take it apart to some extent.

you will need to spend money for equipment regardless of what you choose. honestly the cheapest option for you would probably be to find someone who you can pay to do it. that way you won't have to buy a bunch of stuff you will only use for this console.

maybe you can explain a bit more and i can help you make a more informed decision. why do you say you don't want to jtag it if you don't play online? whether you get banned or just never go online, it makes it an offline console. are you worried about possible damage to the xbox? that shouldn't be a problem if you make sure you know what you are doing first.

also, something to mention to check for before you update the console. if the dashboard is version 7xxx or lower (which would be the very first "colored blades" dash, as well as the very first update with the green NXE dash), then you can do the jtag hack. dash 8xxx and beyond has disables that and requires the rgh hack. the advantage to this is you do not need to buy a glitch chip, just a diode, and it's basically a guaranteed boot, not requiring any "tuning" to avoid delayed console boot times. if you have an older dash, and are considering modding it, i'd say don't update. don't worry though, when you write the modified dash files onto the nand, you can put the newest system update without disabling the jtag. just don't do a normal system update.