Thread: problem about Wii soft modding...plz help

Default problem about Wii soft modding...plz help

I have a Wii which I successfully soft modded earlier thanks to a helper here on these boards using the Modmii method which was very easy. I have a slight problem and I have one question.

Problem: Everything else is fine for me but when I try to quit a game and want to play another, i use the HOME button to go to the Wii menu and the game gets stuck on black screen. Whenever I try to access the Wii menu from ingame, the game gets stuck at black screen. I always have to power off and on the Wii to play another game. Is there a fix to this or maybe something I did wrong while soft modding.

Question: Is there a way so that my Wii always boot up USB LOADER GX instead of the Wii menu when I start the Wii.

Thanks in advance

Default Re: problem about Wii soft modding...plz help

Dont have a custom theme.
    Did you install as Boot2?

I dont have any themes. I dont know what you mean by boot2 but in the process there was something like Bootmii and I installed it. Sorry I am a complete noob to Wii modding and even though I installed a lot of things in the process, I dont know what they were for :P

Why not pop over to wiihacks.com,then look up 'skagg' profile and read some of my posts there as i think that'll help you out a bit,goodluck.

I don't know about USB Loader GX, but with wiiflow there is a settings menu where you can have it boot back to anywhere you want after you exit a game. Even priiloader. Maybe try wiiflow or look for a setting menu in USB Loader gx.

if you have priiloader installed, then you can set any loader you want at boot or reset.
    to go to priiloader menu, just power off wii, press and hold reset and power on.
    but be careful, if you set something wrong, maybe you wii donīt start up...
    so search a howto about priiloader...

go to the sister site Wiiso there are a bunch of topics there that might help u, i personally like wiiflow to load my games
    [SIGPIC]

I have a Wii which I successfully soft modded earlier thanks to a helper here on these boards using the Modmii method which was very easy. I have a slight problem and I have one question.

Problem: Everything else is fine for me but when I try to quit a game and want to play another, i use the HOME button to go to the Wii menu and the game gets stuck on black screen. Whenever I try to access the Wii menu from ingame, the game gets stuck at black screen. I always have to power off and on the Wii to play another game. Is there a fix to this or maybe something I did wrong while soft modding.

Question: Is there a way so that my Wii always boot up USB LOADER GX instead of the Wii menu when I start the Wii.

Thanks in advance
    Its a problem with USB Loader GX and the Cios installed, you can try reinstalling it and seeing if that does anything but it will more then likely not .. your more then likely going to need to install another CIOS on to the wii to support it ( You should have them already installed )
    You will need to either reinstall or replace CIOS 222 and/or 249
    One CIOS specifically for USB Loader GX is this one (CIOS 222) -----> Here
    Another is this one (CIOS 249) -----> Here

Install using a WAD manager

If these do not cure the problem then your next bet is to change it to another loader ,

If it does cure it and you want to go the priiloader route then you will need to download priiloader and I believe you will need to set up a Channel forwarder for USB Loader GX (search for vids on youtube)

Remember if you want to be safe back up your NAND and look at installing boot 2 aswell.

Two alternative loaders
    CFG Loader --> Here
    WiiFlow --> Here
    (There is a lot more out there)
    If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, it was meant to be. If it doesn't, hunt it down and kill it.