Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm a dumb a** dad!

Unhappy I'm a dumb a** dad!

I recently transferred my twins (boys) profiles and save data from flashed phat to RGH'ed slim. I tested all their important stuff and everything transferred fine. While doing some file maintenance on storage settings on slim (deleting unused profiles) a false duplicate showed up on one of my sons profiles, I was leery, but still decided to delete the supposed duplicate profile. Because of my stupid decision, the profile left over became corrupt and unusable. My son poured hours into Minecraft, Borderlands 2, etc... now he can't access his data. He hid his disappointment, "it's okay daddy," he said. No matter what, I feel like S#!t. Since I transferred the profile via usb, it went from usb to hard drive leaving nothing on USB. I'm a dumb ass because I didn't copy it on my PC. I never bothered going online (live) with our consoles, so I didn't back up profiles online. I still have his save data on my PC though. I wonder if there's anything I could do. Thanks for letting me vent!

Default Re: I'm a dumb a** dad!

Hey Buddy plug the drive into a pc and use Xplorer 360 and choose import disks option and when you see your hard drive select intergrate as windows drive. The drive should show up as a normal windows drive in my computer. Once you can see it use a file recovery software , that is worth a try buddy good luck

I would try to recover it from the USB 1st...

Yeah, you could try recovery tools... even though I never really had any real success with them. But trust me he'll be over it very soon if you don't manage to recover it so don't feel too bad about it, and I know since my dad did accidentally deleted my whole folder from our computer which had everything of my data (and that was when 56k modems were your only way to the internet and we had no flatrate on amounts of data) and also a bunch of gamesaves from JRPG with tons of playtime which I transferred from my PS2 Memory Card in order to preserve space on it. It was disappointing at first too and dad was really sorry (honestly never saw him like that before and ever since ), but shit happens y'know and nothings really lost.

if you still have the save file on pc just make anew profile on xbox, then assign the saves to that new profile using horizon, still be able to play from where he left of but will have to earn achievs again
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Briangriffin View Post
    if you still have the save file on pc just make anew profile on xbox, then assign the saves to that new profile using horizon, still be able to play from where he left of but will have to earn achievs again
    Good luck
    This is the best you can do.

you can always reassign the saves manually to a new profile just like you do when you download someone elses save

mod his achievements with exprofile editor or whatever the name of the program was. then resign the saves to the new modded profile like already suggested.

I think it would be easier to just create a new profile and then just resign that profile to match the saves instead of resigning each save to match the new profile. 360revolution can handle that I believe.

I was able to resign his saves manually using horizon. I recovered his Minecraft world and Borderlands 2 save so far. haha, I felt so bad to make it up to him I played minecraft with him; I freakin' hate Minecraft not my genre! I'm more of an action-adventure, platformer type of guy, but thanks to this I'll continue to work on our world. You guys are all solid, thank you so much!!! +rep to all of you if that matters haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast