Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sold my Wii U to my Step Sister now wants to return it

Default Re: Sold my Wii U to my Step Sister now wants to return it

It's a bitch, but that's life! I always try to avoid deals with family, for reasons like this..

I'd suggest a lower price (you'll surely get the favour returned) or just back out and sell it elsewhere.

Dave` : You can try but i doubt you can JTAG it since it is so old..

KillerBug : The first time someone stole software on the PS3 was when Sony released 3.21...

if i sell something to family i always give them better deals than i would give lets say a friend i barely talk to. 175 would of been a good price.....but 250 i think is too much for family. just take the console back and sell it again. good luck!

Ya'll are hilarious talking about giving something you paid a couple hundred dollars for away like it's nothing. Family or not, if I invested money into it, I'm getting my money back for it. The amount however was a little too high IMO. Maybe 200 or 180 if I was selling it on CL. Offer to give her back 50 or 60 bucks and be done with it. She can get quite a few games for that amount and it'll out weigh the new one. Simple solution to that mate.

Had to sell your wii for $250???!!! To your sis who has kids to feed?? I bet she later realized what a shitty bro she has, hence the need to refund. You suck a$$ dude!!!

The first question I can think of, which no one else has asked, is how many games did you give her with it? If it's just a used console with one game, then yeah, you ripped her off. If it were my wii u, then it would be a steal, considering I have quite a few games on it/for it... So, how many games did you give her?

Also, did it have the cords and cradle with it when you sold it to her? If she bought it, took it home, and the cords got messed up or lost then I would say hell no to a refund. Sounds almost like she took it home and her kids wrecked it.

EDIT: I just realized how old this post is... Is anyone even on this site anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by BirrML View Post
    The first question I can think of, which no one else has asked, is how many games did you give her with it? If it's just a used console with one game, then yeah, you ripped her off. If it were my wii u, then it would be a steal, considering I have quite a few games on it/for it... So, how many games did you give her?

Also, did it have the cords and cradle with it when you sold it to her? If she bought it, took it home, and the cords got messed up or lost then I would say hell no to a refund. Sounds almost like she took it home and her kids wrecked it.

EDIT: I just realized how old this post is... Is anyone even on this site anymore?
    Their are still people here just none that give a shit about this guy or his WII.....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by njmike88 View Post
    There are still people here just none that give a shit about this guy or his WII.....LOL
    he's gone anyway
    Last Activity: 17th May 2015

In his defense he did say STEP sister and that could be the reason he wouldn't even consider giving her a break. If he isn't happy with the relationship his parent has with her parent then he isn't obligated to give her any breaks. Not sure why users overlooked that word but it may be that they have never had a STEP sister.

Idk, sounds like you needed the money pretty bad which is why you were selling it in the first place. Most of the people giving you shit have the extra so they can afford to give it away. If the wii doesn't work because cables are missing you are obligated to take it back, that's your error not hers. Plus the $300 dollar "deal" isn't a deal, it's the current bundle that Nintendo is offering, you can find that price everywhere and it's very standard. I doubt she looked into buying one new in the first place and probably new you had one and thought she'd ask you first. Lifes rough but you can always resell the wii u, you might not get that price but if you can't sell it for that price to strangers you don't deserve to sell it for that much to family. Anyways, good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12