Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: working way to get cheaper games

Default Re: working way to get cheaper games

out of curiosity has the US marketplace been affected by this? i am from the UK so games are still cheaper on the US store.

Also it seems that this has kicked the hornets nest and scaremongers are back at it again with there next target being that you can be banned from gamesharing.

ah right i bought mine from HK, wondered if i could redownload from US and get it today or somethin

Quote Originally Posted by demonizer84 View Post
    ah right i bought mine from HK, wondered if i could redownload from US and get it today or somethin
    Wont work, you will have to wait till it is 12.01 in HKT on Wednesday (check google) in the UK this will be around 5.01pm Wednesday as it releases on the 30th in hong kong, time differences can be a bit of a pain when using this method

Quote Originally Posted by unsteady View Post
    out of curiosity has the US marketplace been affected by this? i am from the UK so games are still cheaper on the US store.

Also it seems that this has kicked the hornets nest and scaremongers are back at it again with there next target being that you can be banned from gamesharing.

Yeah US is exactly the same. You still need to use a VPN.

And care to link me to people saying this? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by freakyfresh View Post
    Yeah US is exactly the same. You still need to use a VPN.

And care to link me to people saying this? Haha
    It got a bit crazy over on xbox one's reddit last night

just wondering.... would buying from the HK marketplace not give you a chinese version of the game? I mean.... Do we get games with english language while using this method?

nope it downloads from your local marketplace, iv been playing sunset from HK with no issues, im sick of do-gooders that plague forums with scaremongering, the low n behold is, 1 they are just pompous assholes with nothing better to do, and more to the point its jealousy, they are either too pathetic, too scared, or dont have the capability to take advantage of such system so they attack those of us that do, theres nothing illegal about this, theres nothing thats going to get anyone banned...

its not really even a loophole especially gamesharing, if they wanted to stop it they would just add DRM back in to not allow it, as for this , people have been changing region or creating accounts for years so why is it going to change now, again if they wanted it to stop they would region lock games, so until that happens i wouldnt worry, nobody is getting banned anyways, thats the worse they will do, region lock games... which again is probably not going to happen...

look at it as a business sense, if i had to pay 50 for sunset overdrive, there is no chance on this planet i would do that , i dont think its worth it, and its not a game i was particularly fussed about, same goes with assassins creed, and GTA 5 tho its geting a whole lotta love , 50 for a game iv already owned and rinsed is a lot of money to shell out again, so thats 150 or more microsoft would not be getting...

now because i can get these for 30 or a little less im taking 3, so thats 90 or thereabouts that MS would not of normally got, plus they cut the middleman out and they take there big fat cut of the profit..

now multiply that by the thousands of people in the exact same mindset and youve earned quite a pretty penny that you wouldnt of got if the game had been full price or on the pre owned market...

it also cuts piracy too, while its inevatable that eventually the console will be hacked and back ups be played, and its not quite the same as paying a fiver for a game, paying 20-30 for a new release game is a lot more appealing and affordable than 50+ so people will mindlessly pay knowing they got a deal, so again win for MS.

100% agree I would not have preordered AW for xbox one if I couldn't get it from HK store.

I would've just stuck with my 360 "backup"

Quote Originally Posted by demonizer84 View Post
    nope it downloads from your local marketplace, iv been playing sunset from HK with no issues, im sick of do-gooders that plague forums with scaremongering, the low n behold is, 1 they are just pompous assholes with nothing better to do, and more to the point its jealousy, they are either too pathetic, too scared, or dont have the capability to take advantage of such system so they attack those of us that do, theres nothing illegal about this, theres nothing thats going to get anyone banned...

its not really even a loophole especially gamesharing, if they wanted to stop it they would just add DRM back in to not allow it, as for this , people have been changing region or creating accounts for years so why is it going to change now, again if they wanted it to stop they would region lock games, so until that happens i wouldnt worry, nobody is getting banned anyways, thats the worse they will do, region lock games... which again is probably not going to happen...

look at it as a business sense, if i had to pay 50 for sunset overdrive, there is no chance on this planet i would do that , i dont think its worth it, and its not a game i was particularly fussed about, same goes with assassins creed, and GTA 5 tho its geting a whole lotta love , 50 for a game iv already owned and rinsed is a lot of money to shell out again, so thats 150 or more microsoft would not be getting...

now because i can get these for 30 or a little less im taking 3, so thats 90 or thereabouts that MS would not of normally got, plus they cut the middleman out and they take there big fat cut of the profit..

now multiply that by the thousands of people in the exact same mindset and youve earned quite a pretty penny that you wouldnt of got if the game had been full price or on the pre owned market...

it also cuts piracy too, while its inevatable that eventually the console will be hacked and back ups be played, and its not quite the same as paying a fiver for a game, paying 20-30 for a new release game is a lot more appealing and affordable than 50+ so people will mindlessly pay knowing they got a deal, so again win for MS.

thx. Yeah looking around, it seams Denmark is the most expensive overall. So i was trying to decide if i was gonna buy lords of the fallen or sunset.... If i buy from other regions i can get both for the price of one. So great info all in all. Gonna try it out when i get home.

Thanks for this! Just one question, if I was to pre-order Advanced Warfare via Hong Kong Market, when would I be able to play it? I know it comes out 3rd November at 00:01 HK time, and using a time converter, that would be Sunday 2nd at around 4pm here in the UK? Is this correct, or am I just being stupid?

Thanks in advance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast