Thread: Need help with xK3y

Default Need help with xK3y

Hi guys, I purchased an xK3y about two months back and I've been kind of trying to get it to work ever since. I've been so busy lately but when I had free time I would try to get it to work but nothing has work thus far. I have it updated to the latest firmware( i think? its at 1.3). My drive is a benq and i have the firmware.bin on the sd card. I'm using a 750gb external hard drive that is a 2.5 drive and is plug directly into the xk3y usb thing, i'm not using a remote or wifi dongle. So my problem is that when I start my xbox and click eject disc from the dashboard, or console for that matter, it just says close drive and nothing happens and if i click close drive it just says open. I've tried flashing a different firmware to the sd card serveral times and I switched out all of the sataa cables and the ffc as well. I have my games in a folder labeled games on the root of my hard drive. I have both isoMenu and DVDmenu enabled in my cfg and those are the only settings i touched in the cfg file. Any help would be appreciated and if you need anymore info just ask. Thanks!

Default Re: Need help with xK3y

Latest fw is 2.01-4, if you have xk3y-r i believe you need this one also try another drive

I just tried updating it to the firmware version you recommend but to no avail. Any other ideas? I've run out of them and getting rather frustrated. I just wanna play games with my friends.

Do you tried another hard disk or pin drive?
    And am assume on sd card is the original firmware?

I tried a new sd card and flashed it with the 2.01-4 img. That seemed to work. Thanks for your help man.

You might be having firmware issues.
    extract the .bin files again and use the stable downloads from online, Some of the beta downloads people end up downloading doesn't work

Living a few years of your life like most people wonít, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people canít.

packed with cheap sd card