Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 9 will be free for Windows 8 users

Default Windows 9 will be free for Windows 8 users

Windows 9 has not been officially announced.

Tthe president of Microsoft Indonesia has reportedly spilled early details on an upgrade program for current Window 8 users.

Andreas Diantoro confirmed that "Windows 9 will be a free upgrade for all Windows 8 users."

His full quote, translated by the handy but not entirely perfect Google Translate was: "Easy, when the OS (Windows 9) was launched later, users who have been using Windows 8 just need to do the update via his device. It will be installed automatically."

He reportedly made this comment at the Hotel Mulia in Jakarta.

A US Microsoft representative said that they have nothing to share at this time.

On a related note, Microsoft's Head of Xbox, Phil Spencer, talked about renewing the company's focus on PC gaming earlier this year.
    Source: gamespot

Kirkyeehee Guest

Default Re: Windows 9 will be free for Windows 8 users

Hope this is true, I'll take a free upgrade to windows 9 when it comes out lol. (I may have a pirated version of 8, but it is activated with a legit key lol)

Dont see that happening.

- Only one image per signature, 2 are fine, but only if they are small.
    - Signatures can be up to 900 pixels wide and 300 pixels high.

Just saw that they may charge window7 users only 30 bucks to upgrade.

I'll stick to Windows 7 until they can come up with an OS with a very similar interface. I didn't like Windows 8's interface one bit, and although I saw some screenshots of Windows 9, showing that they are going back towards the previous designs, it's still too Windows-8-ish for my tastes. So yea, I wouldn't upgrade to W9 if it were free for W7 users, let alone actually buy it, or even just pay the 30 bucks for the upgrade.

No such thing as windows 9 from the looks of it... They took a page from Nvidia's book from the looks of it.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/09/30/m...ft-windows-10/

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkyeehee View Post
    Hope this is true, I'll take a free upgrade to windows 9 when it comes out lol. (I may have a pirated version of 8, but it is activated with a legit key lol)
    "..may have.."

I prefer "7" for now, it works like a charm and I love the interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffu View Post
    I'll stick to Windows 7 until they can come up with an OS with a very similar interface. I didn't like Windows 8's interface one bit, and although I saw some screenshots of Windows 9, showing that they are going back towards the previous designs, it's still too Windows-8-ish for my tastes. So yea, I wouldn't upgrade to W9 if it were free for W7 users, let alone actually buy it, or even just pay the 30 bucks for the upgrade.
    windows 10 is that I love it very smilier to windows 7 bar a few things that anyone could get used to.

Sig By Duelord

Kirkyeehee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by turbocrow View Post
    windows 10 is that I love it very smilier to windows 7 bar a few things that anyone could get used to.

From my experience, windows 10 is exactly like 8, except without the "Metro UI" pretty much. Same look, same feel, same new shortcuts and so on. I knew people would think this though just because the metro UI is gone and that's about it lol.

*EDIT*

If you haven't tried out Windows 10 yet, here is a quick rundown of my first day using it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5AsiQeTGng

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkyeehee View Post

From my experience, windows 10 is exactly like 8, except without the "Metro UI" pretty much. Same look, same feel, same new shortcuts and so on. I knew people would think this though just because the metro UI is gone and that's about it lol.

*EDIT*

If you haven't tried out Windows 10 yet, here is a quick rundown of my first day using it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5AsiQeTGng

imo bar the shortcuts etc it is just windows 7. Windows 8 was just stupid because of metro and the loss of the start button. Change can be good !

Sig By Duelord

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast