Thread: Anyone here considering a Nvidia Shield Tablet?

Default Anyone here considering a Nvidia Shield Tablet?

Have to say I'm very tempted.. been following all the feedback/reviews & haven't really seen anything negative yet.
    All I've seen/read are saying build quality, sound, screen etc are great & performance is off the charts particularly when compared to anything else out there atm, I believe there is a 64bit version of the K1 due towards the end of the year so if I can wait that long I'll probably hold out for that.
    There's a few recent benchmarks floating around of the new Snapdragon 801/805's and neither quite measure up to the K1's performance (I appreciate real world use is another matter.. but it's encouraging nonetheless )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFKMj3L7Roc

Eurogamer's Review

I'd buy just for a portable 'emulation station' when hooked up to a TV, there is already a selection of fantastic emulators on Android.. I'd guess based on the K1's performance that full speed Dreamcast would be no sweat at all for it & who knows with some clever emulator coding, perhaps later consoles could be a not too distant future possibility as well.

What do you guys make of it?

we've gone on holiday by mistake....

Default Re: Anyone here considering a Nvidia Shield Tablet?

just picked up a vita and remote play well it's not perfect yet but when it does work it really is pretty nifty. I am interested in having the same ability for my pc. It's all about price really...
    MoBo: ASUS Z87 Sabretooth
    CPU: Intel i7-4770K 4.4Ghz Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Classified
    RAM: 16 gb Corsair Vengence 1866mhz
    PSU: CORSAIR AXi series AX860i
    HD:500GB Storage 240gb Intel730 SSD WIn8.1Primary
    Case: AntecGX700

Quote Originally Posted by seanp2500 View Post
    just picked up a vita and remote play well it's not perfect yet but when it does work it really is pretty nifty. I am interested in having the same ability for my pc. It's all about price really...
    Yes! Glad to hear someone else is enjoying Vita, seems alot of noise regarding the console is generally negative . "It's not got any games" is my fav 'reason', my Vita game library spans *goes to count*....

54 Games.. But yeah the Vita has no games...

On topic, I'd be interested however, as seanp stated it would depend on price.
    1x360 Flashed LT+ & ~100 Games
    1xPSVita W/ 64Gb Memcard & 52 Games

I'd love a shield tablet but at the right price. I was looking at the original shield but it looked too bulky IMO. I planned mainly to use it to stream games through geforce experience to my main TV but now Steam has in home streaming (and it's free!) the need has gone since I can use my laptop for that now.

I was looking at it as well and although it seems pretty sweet im gonna wait for google to come out with whatever tablet comes next nexus 8 or whatever ....the word on the street is its gonna be 8" or 8.9" which i think is perfect size for home use ....mainly for internet and reading books, ya i actually read haha....id wait a few months see if googage comes out with anything then compare....i have wii u and wouldnt even need tablet if that thing could get hacked cuase just like the vita its nice to just pick up and kick back on bed or couch without acuatlly turning on tv ....emulators on device that can stream to tv would be sweet too.