Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Losing Weight

Default Re: Need Help Losing Weight

Quote Originally Posted by halo344 View Post
    If you're counting your calories you're going to far, it's a joke to do that.

OP go to a nutriologist, get a diet, follow it (obviously junk food, sodas and all that shit have to go away. Water is your new favorite drink). Might want to look for an sport to play, start running, ride a bike or any of the cardio related stuff to help the process altho this is mostly to keep you in shape.

Losing weight = diet.
    Counting calories works, how is something a joke if it works?
    We wouldn't have calorie information on all our food if it wasn't an important piece of information, you can eat an excess of calories from fruit and gain weight.

Kirkyeehee Guest

You want to lose weight without doing anything? Not going to happen. Take this from someone that was around 300 lbs. You need to work for it if you want to lose it. In a few months I lost 50 lbs, and all I did was start walking every other day. I didn't change my diet, I didn't go for any of this hoity toity BS that isn't needed. I just did good old fashioned walking. It was hard at first and I wanted to give up, instead of giving up I pushed myself harder. I started off slow at first with a 2 mile walk and upped that to a 3 mile walk that involved 1 mile of non stop hill to climb. This was in the dead of summer at that when it get's to +45C in the sun. I didn't let the heat deter me. I used it to shed the pounds faster by the extreme sweating it caused lol. I always took 1 liter of water with me as well to keep hydrated.

By the end of the summer I was taking a 6 mile walk every other day. That hardly bothered me at all as far as being played out or anything. My feet on the other hand would be sore lol.

Even this past winter I kept my walking up. It was a near 2 mile walk daily to go get the mail. IT was cold at times especially when it was -25C with heavy winds making it feel like -35-40C.

tl;dr:

Suck it up and do the exercise needed to lose the weight. You have to put in the effort to lose weight.

Sorry if I sound rude with my post... but I know if you're willing to put in the effort, weight can be lot without altering your lifestyle much. It was so hard at first but I didn't quit this time because it was hard and I feel better now than I ever have before in my life.

If you really need some motivation to walk. Get a dog if you can. My dog is the very core reason I walk. I know just how much he loves getting out and it makes me happy to make him happy.

find a TDEE calculator fid out your tdee eat below it you will lose weigh eat atit your maintain weight eat above it you gain weight counting calories is the way to go get the my fitness pal app scan everything you eat thats in a package with a bar code measure or weight out the rest my fitness pal will do your calorie deficit for you

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenSquirrel View Post
    Counting calories works, how is something a joke if it works?
    We wouldn't have calorie information on all our food if it wasn't an important piece of information, you can eat an excess of calories from fruit and gain weight.
    counting calories = uneeded obsession, it's not needed to achieve what he wants (unless he's morbidly obese if that's the case then none of us are qualified to give him advice).

All the people i know who've lost weight didn't obsessed over the calorie count they just ate less of whatever they used to eat in each meal, the only people i know who count calories are those who read bb/misc forums and those forums are a joke.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkyeehee View Post
    You want to lose weight without doing anything? Not going to happen. Take this from someone that was around 300 lbs. You need to work for it if you want to lose it. In a few months I lost 50 lbs, and all I did was start walking every other day. I didn't change my diet, I didn't go for any of this hoity toity BS that isn't needed. I just did good old fashioned walking. It was hard at first and I wanted to give up, instead of giving up I pushed myself harder. I started off slow at first with a 2 mile walk and upped that to a 3 mile walk that involved 1 mile of non stop hill to climb. This was in the dead of summer at that when it get's to +45C in the sun. I didn't let the heat deter me. I used it to shed the pounds faster by the extreme sweating it caused lol. I always took 1 liter of water with me as well to keep hydrated.

By the end of the summer I was taking a 6 mile walk every other day. That hardly bothered me at all as far as being played out or anything. My feet on the other hand would be sore lol.

Even this past winter I kept my walking up. It was a near 2 mile walk daily to go get the mail. IT was cold at times especially when it was -25C with heavy winds making it feel like -35-40C.

tl;dr:

Suck it up and do the exercise needed to lose the weight. You have to put in the effort to lose weight.

Sorry if I sound rude with my post... but I know if you're willing to put in the effort, weight can be lot without altering your lifestyle much. It was so hard at first but I didn't quit this time because it was hard and I feel better now than I ever have before in my life.

If you really need some motivation to walk. Get a dog if you can. My dog is the very core reason I walk. I know just how much he loves getting out and it makes me happy to make him happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by halo344 View Post
    counting calories = uneeded obsession, it's not needed to achieve what he wants (unless he's morbidly obese if that's the case then none of us are qualified to give him advice).

All the people i know who've lost weight didn't obsessed over the calorie count they just ate less of whatever they used to eat in each meal, the only people i know who count calories are those who read bb/misc forums and those forums are a joke.
    In terms of fat loss the only thing exercise is doing is creating a calorie deficit, it doesn't matter what method you use to approach weight loss, the end result is calories in vs calories out.

Counting calories is just skipping straight to the core of it and doing it the raw way, it's how I lost my weight and a few family friends have done it the same way with results they have never seen before doing other methods.

Let's say you walked for 5 miles, you felt really hungry so you go for that super deluxe boneless box with all them calories, it doesn't matter if you did all that exercise or not at the end of the day if you have eaten more calories than you have burned off you will still gain weight.

Everything boils down to calories in the end, sure you could do your methods and eat nothing but chicken and vegetables or you could do a lot more exercise and burn more calories than you ate, but for a lot of people that's really hard to sustain and it still doesn't educate people on WHY they gain or lose weight (which I might have mentioned, it's calories).

Unless you are like my grandad and you can eat like a pig and still remain skinny you are going to have to do what 99% of people have to do and exercise. If you seriously want to lose weight you need to burn calories and eat a balanced diet this is the only practical way, there is no way to lose weight by doing nothing unless you fancy throwing up after each meal but that comes with serious internal problems.

There is no shortcut (believe me if there was all gamers would see their toes) dedication,self discipline and portion control is the only safe and reliable way to drop steady and safe numbers.You could try the old counting the calorie counting way but either way you will have to put your butt into gear and burn them off as if you eat 2500 calories a day you will maintain your current weight not lose it.
    PI 100 or less PI Avg 5 or less
    PIF 4 or less PIF Avg 0.20 or less

*removed* was here.

Understanding some people is like trying to pick a sphere up at the pointy end.

eat less, exercise more. Simples.

well today i went out for a 4k jog and man i felt horrible after that but proud that i was able to to it. i think i might be able to get the hang of this.

Quote Originally Posted by mohamadkobeissi View Post
    Starve yourself. It worked for me...
    Good way to lose all muscle mass, retain fat and bring your metabolism to a halt. It's also not as simple as calories in and calories out although a good place to start.

OP look into the keto diet and start exercising. I always use keto when looking to lose fat as I've always found it the most effective method coupled with hard training.

If you want a basic diet put together then feel free to PM me.

As a nutritionist, it's pretty common to see these types of responses in a wt loss thread. No offense to the posters, but very general/bland responses from people that have no in depth knowledge or understanding of metabolic nutrition and nutritional biochemistry. The job of a nutritionist or dietitian is to formulate a diet that is tailored for the individual's specific goals, so yes, an individualized diet plan. I hope you don't go to a nutritionist and they tell you, eat less and exercise more. lol OP, is you're serious, I would go see a nutritionist or dietitian. It takes time for them to create the diet plan for you that's going to meet your daily caloric needs, daily vitamins + mineral needs, and other macro nutrient needs (so they aren't just going to give you a basic 2,00 calorie diet off the internet and say go for it), but also they will provide you one-on-one dietary counseling/education, which is very important for the long haul.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast