Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated: How Xbox Ones Gold sharing and Digital Game sharing works

Default Updated: How Xbox Ones Gold sharing and Digital Game sharing works

Sharing Digital Games
    Everyone in your home can share digital games with each other. Your Xbox One can become your virtual game library filled with digital games that different people in the home bought. Anyone can pick any digital game on your Xbox One, sign in with their own gamertag and play – even if the owner is not signed in. Like physical media, you can also play many digitally downloaded games without being online, although experiences will be best when connected to the internet and Xbox Live. Finally, when you purchase a digital game, you can start playing even before the entire game downloads.

Because your digital games go with you, you can also use and share digital games when you sign in to another console. And, if you happen to buy a digital game when you are signed in on your friend’s console, your game will also be available on your Home Xbox One console for anyone to use.

Sharing digital games is a great feature of Xbox One, and we’re also making it possible for Xbox Live Gold members to share some of the best benefits of Gold.
    Sharing Xbox Live Gold benefits
    At E3 this year, we briefly highlighted a new benefit we’re bringing to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One. We’re calling it Home Gold. It will enable any Xbox Live Gold member on Xbox One to extend many Gold features to others at no additional cost. One Xbox Live Gold account delivering great benefits to everyone in the home.

Here’s how Xbox Live Gold members can extend Gold benefits including multiplayer gaming, Game DVR, SmartMatch and access to entertainment apps and experiences, including The NFL on Xbox, Skype, Internet Explorer:

At home. You can set up your console at home so that anyone who uses that console will enjoy multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps – even if you are not home or logged in.
    On the go. You can log in at a friend’s house and everyone there can enjoy multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps while you are logged in.

At Home with Xbox One
    If you’re an Xbox Live Gold member, an unlimited number of people can enjoy many benefits of Xbox Live Gold while they are using your Home Xbox One console. Friends and family will simply create their own account and gamertag and be able to enjoy Xbox Live online multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps.

Friends coming over to play? No problem. They can log in with their own gamertag and play online multiplayer. Even if you sign off, your friends and family can enjoy multiplayer gaming while they are playing on your Home Xbox One console.

At a Friend’s House with Xbox One
    On Xbox One if you are an Xbox Live Gold member, you will be able to go to a friend’s house and play co-op multiplayer– even if your friend is not a Gold subscriber. Once you log in with your Xbox Live Gold account, everyone using that console can access multiplayer and entertainment apps for as long as you are logged in.

At Home with Xbox 360 and Xbox One
    If you are an Xbox Live Gold member today, you are already set for Xbox One. Your Xbox Live Gold membership for Xbox 360 will seamlessly become an Xbox Live Gold account on your Xbox One and you will be able to enjoy Xbox Live Gold features on either console. You can even be logged in to Xbox 360 and Xbox One at the same time. Home Gold benefits are exclusively for Xbox One.

What Home Gold Means for the Xbox One Experience
    With Xbox One everyone in your home has a personalized account, which will enable powerful and personal experiences, and that’s one of the reasons why we wanted to create Home Gold. It means that your account and your gamertag are truly yours. You don’t have to share your gamertag for multiplayer gaming with others in your home, or see recommendations for your kid’s cartoons next to the recommended first-person shooter for you. It also means that you can introduce new games and enjoy multiplayer with friends while they are at your house. Last but not least, it also means that when you buy one Xbox Live Gold membership, multiple people can enjoy the best benefits of Xbox Live Gold on your Xbox One at no additional charge.
    Source: Major Nelson

Update:
    MICROSOFT IS STILL COMMITTED TO ITS ORIGINAL XBOX ONE VISION

Despite the changes not being very different to how things are today with the Xbox 360, Microsoft says it still wants to bring the improved digital sharing features, that it has retreated from, to the Xbox One in time. "We are completely committed to the digital vision we laid out, and we plan and intend to deliver all the things we said before," Microsoft's Yusuf Mehdi tells us. Mehdi explains that Microsoft wants to and "can do it," but it's seeking feedback before any future changes are made. "You're going to see more of the things that we talked about with digital," he confirms, including a Family Sharing feature that Microsoft previously revealed as an option to share digital content with family members regardless of console or location. Mehdi says Microsoft still has "creative pricing models" for games, and trial games on their list for post-launch. For now, Microsoft is clearly approaching any potential changes with caution to avoid a backlash over policy changes that have left consumers confused by its Xbox One launch so far.

Default Re: How Xbox Ones Gold sharing and Digital Game sharing works

Nice! This is a sweet feature, my wife wont have to buy gold ever again muhahah

Long read but very cool

sounds fair .... i like you can play they game before it downloads thats amazing ... if you have a bad conection i wander if it buffers LOL
    Aldi Broadband live a Little Lag a Lot.

Ok so Its a tough understanding to me but some of you may understand it better.

Say im a silver member, my friend gives me his account to put on my xbox I will then be gold. But what happens if my friend then signs into his account on his xbox will my gold then be lost or not?

Also about the digital games, say I have 2 xbox ones in my house and my brothers playing his and im on mine if he signs his account into my xbox one all his games that he has downloaded will show up on my console but what will happen if he then signs his account back into another xbox will I still be able to access his games?

Sounds good to me, I'm sure someone will still moan about it though after all it is Xbox one.
    Can't be dealing with butt hurt fanboy's anymore.
    i7 950 4.2GHz | 6GB | EVGA GTX 980 SC | Fully Watercooled

Thanks for the news ninerf +REP

If you like my uploads or I have helped you, it only takes a few seconds to say THANKS or PRESS the +REP button located on the top right.

nice news .. cant wait to see this in action at gamescom .

Quote Originally Posted by ninerf View Post
    Ok so Its a tough understanding to me but some of you may understand it better.

Say im a silver member, my friend gives me his account to put on my xbox I will then be gold. But what happens if my friend then signs into his account on his xbox will my gold then be lost or not?

Also about the digital games, say I have 2 xbox ones in my house and my brothers playing his and im on mine if he signs his account into my xbox one all his games that he has downloaded will show up on my console but what will happen if he then signs his account back into another xbox will I still be able to access his games?
    I'm pretty sure your gold will be lost because it says that as long as he is logged in on your xbox you have gold. So I'm assuming once he gets signed off Xbox live on your console because he is using his account on his console, then he'd be logged out and you won't have live. That's what I'm assuming from the read.

As for the second question I'm sure it has to be signed in simultaneously. If it isn't you will lose gold and games.

That's what I think at least from what is being said, I'm not sure

+Rep for the share though.

There needs to be more clarification.

wow xbox live just got a ton better. This makes me even happier that I'm getting an Xbox One. Now all I have to spend is $60 a year for Xbox Gold and my whole family is covered. Thats better then paying for 4 people... plus going to someones house and they are covered and if they come to my house they are covered...very nice indeed! +rep ninerf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast