Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody see anything missing?

Default Anybody see anything missing?

So what's up guys. I just started working out again. I go in phases of working out and not especially with school but since it's summer and I'm in a new place and especially about to go to a big party school with lots of swimming and hot girls, I really want to look the best I can.

I just ordered (5lb whey ON Mint Chocalate at $45 with free two day shipping since I'm a student)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know to take this as soon as I can after a workout, so I picked up a shaker. Don't have the dough for a portable blender yet so I'll make the plunge after I get a job or something.

Anyways, workout consists of

MWF
    -15-20 minute cardio, aiming for 2 miles but less is ok
    -Stretching and a drink of water
    -Bench 4X8 It's got a weird guard thing I've never seen where turning it racks it at any height
    -Lat Pull 4X10-15 on day
    -Military Press 4X8
    -Bicep Curls 4X8
    -Tricep Pulldown (? the one with the angled bar like a triangle) 4X10
    -More Streching
    *Flexing throughout to get blood pumped into muscles that weren't achieved before

TTh
    -2 Mile run in whatever time it takes
    -Streching
    -Box Squats 4X8 (No rack nor more than 225lbs, kinda pisses me off)
    -Leg Extensions 4X8
    -Leg Curls 4X8
    -Calf Raises 4X15-25 depending on weight
    -Inner and outer thigh machine 4X8
    -Box step with dumbells 4x8
    -Strech
    * Again Flexing throughout

** All days followed by protein shake, 20 minutes in sauna and conditionally a dip in the pool post sauna

What do you guys think? Currently I'm 180lbs 6'1" and obviously going for a bulk. My partners who are following my regime are 5'11" 240 lbs and 5'9" 204lbs

I know they probably need a cut more but considering I'm the more knowledgeable one of the three of us and their only motivation to go, they follow me.
    Posts merged - please don't double post!
    I swear I posted this in the fitness section. Can a mod please move it?
    I see pretty girls everywhere I go. Every-everywhere I go, every-everywhere I gooo -KiD CuDi

R.I.P - Dad -30 Dec 2012 Greg (brother) -27 Dec 2012

Default Re: Anybody see anything missing?

seems like a solid regiment. i might have to try it

When is this "party"? No use pushing yourself to the limit if its in the next week or so... If it is then I'd just suggest doing light weights and mostly cardio...

Light weights are for girls mate,if you want to grow,then heavy is the way to go...Lift heavy until failure,but mix it up every week,so that your muscles don't get use to the same thing...On some occasions go light,but not so light that you don't grow from it...The results won't come over night,but if you stay persistent and watch what you eat,the results will be astounding!

Stop trying to do what everyone else is doing,find out what works for you.Trial an error will be your guidance.

Moved to fitness.

Also why are you running two miles before working out? If anything do it after.

This is getting out of control. Beautifully out of control like a squirrel on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Moved to fitness.

Also why are you running two miles before working out? If anything do it after.
    To tire out so lifts are sh*t

2 miles isn't that bad though.

Two miles in fifteen minutes though before a workout. Save your energy for lifting and run later if you want.

This is getting out of control. Beautifully out of control like a squirrel on fire.

TBH I don't like that workout at all but especially if you are going for a bulk. The bench press you are talking about is called a smith machine, and if at all possible you should stay away from it.

Problems I see:

No true compound lift for back
    Inner and Outer Thigh Machine instead of say Leg Press or Plyometrics
    If you need to lose weight then you could do cardio before a workout, if you need to bulk I wouldn't do that
    You're only back exercise is lat pulldowns, which you want to bulk, but you are doing a very high rep range and it's pretty much just upper back

Again not criticizing, and it's true there's no one good cookie cutter workout that is the best for everyone but there are absolutely tried and true methods, and I can tell you right now this is not going to be a good method for bulking or strength gains. If you are a naturally thin person you will get a "sculpted" look depending on your diet but it won't be ideal even then.
    Posts merged - please don't double post!
    Quote Originally Posted by HaloMoDz343 View Post
    Light weights are for girls mate,if you want to grow,then heavy is the way to go...Lift heavy until failure,but mix it up every week,so that your muscles don't get use to the same thing...On some occasions go light,but not so light that you don't grow from it...The results won't come over night,but if you stay persistent and watch what you eat,the results will be astounding!
    You shouldn't be like a gnat and go heavy one week, then light a couple, then back to heavy etc. You should approach your gym with a overall plan. Weeks, months in advance even. Also lifting heavy until failure isn't always the best option. In fact if you're training for strength that's going to prevent you from going 100% on your next set, and if you're training for hypertrophy then it's been shown that training to failure can be detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by *NERD* View Post
    Stop trying to do what everyone else is doing,find out what works for you.Trial an error will be your guidance.
    Trial and error can be awesome, because that's basically a chunk of how I learned. But it can also take years to learn the fundamentals of "everything" (diet, endurance, strength, bulking, cutting, bodybuilding/sculpting, form, supplements, different lifting techniques, etc etc). If I could do it over again I wish I lifted with someone who was very knowledgeable from the start instead of doing workouts like this one for years.

Here's what's up. This gym is the smallest ****tiest one I've ever seen, half taken up by bikes and treadmills and other half is all machines, with an alright set of dumbbells. I'm working with what I got. There's no true bench, the squat is in the same machine. Leg press, yeah I just forgot to mention it. It was all off memory.

But here's what I got from you guys.

-don't be pushing for 2 weeks
    Duh dude, It's summer break. College doesn't start back up until August. I'm just trying to get back a bit so come welcome week/transfer, I'm not looking like a stick.

-2 miles is a lot apparently
    Nah to me, 2 miles in 15 is somewhat slow. I ran XC just my senior year but went from 32 mins, down to 20 mins in 1 season. Slowest was always my first mile with the other two below 6 mins almost always toward the end.

But because I asked for advice, it was nice to see. So I should cut that run down to what? Less than a mile? I did start looking into rep ranges and their benefits. I'll work my way into a hypertrophy range, so high weight, 1-5 reps correct?

My problem is spaghetti arms and legs including forearms and calves, and a nice attractive little beerbelly to go along with it. So I'm not sure which to focus on more. I'm embarassed to say my bench is around 155 currently and my squat, 175. Just over a year ago, those figures were 175 and over 260. Leg press reaching 550. But I always kept the general same body shape whereas my cousin is the same weight, height, age, workout, diet, and he looked much better shape than me.
    I see pretty girls everywhere I go. Every-everywhere I go, every-everywhere I gooo -KiD CuDi

R.I.P - Dad -30 Dec 2012 Greg (brother) -27 Dec 2012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast