Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Protein powder questions.

Default Re: Protein powder questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    P90x
    muscle building

Pick one.
    Missed that one. Will add that to my rotation! Reps on that, reps ironic!

I really don't understand the people who use this stuff food hard work and a ton of sleeping is all you need

Quote Originally Posted by moddedcrazy View Post
    I really don't understand the people who use this stuff food hard work and a ton of sleeping is all you need
    Thats my point eat anything in my way. Protein drinks for me is when food isnt availible! Then make it hurt, if u know what I mean oh yeah proper sleep is how your body recover naturally!

Quote Originally Posted by mohamadkobeissi View Post
    I'm either getting the Extreme Milk Chocolate or Double Rich Chocolate.
    I thought chocolate would be good. I was wrong. That's just me though. Get a smaller size first to see if you like a flavor before you just get a 5lb of something you may not like.

This is getting out of control. Beautifully out of control like a squirrel on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I thought chocolate would be good. I was wrong. That's just me though. Get a smaller size first to see if you like a flavor before you just get a 5lb of something you may not like.
    I'll see. Thanks...

Just to get those extra dose of calories if you aren't in-taking the amount of calories from food you want per day. Sometimes its easier to drink a couple of shakes if you don't have time to eat five full meals a day when lifting hard. You can chug a shake if you need to. Pretty hard to chug a meal lol.

As far as protein powder I prefer Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100%Whey. High reviews and many flavors. When you go with a protein powder you are always better of going with whey powder for whatever brand you choose.

Anyone know a good pure whey? They sold it in California to the CC athletes since a cheese factory was across the street so like 5lbs was about $17 for like 50g protein but you had to be an athlete through the coaches signature. Anyone know where to get 100% pure stuff for cheap?
    Posts merged - please don't double post!
    So I found something I may be interested in. It seems all you guys recommending ON are just as fanboyish as ipod people. Here's something with a similar profile and a bit less on both price and carbohydrates.

I think I'll order some of this stuff if my bro is down to split a 5lber with me but I'd still like the original question answered.
    I see pretty girls everywhere I go. Every-everywhere I go, every-everywhere I gooo -KiD CuDi

R.I.P - Dad -30 Dec 2012 Greg (brother) -27 Dec 2012

Because protein from food takes a long time to digest and get the amino acids into the blood stream, coupled with the fact that weight training increases protein requirements a lot, it becomes difficult to get your full protein requirement per day from food alone.

OP just a heads up the post-workout protein shake is the most important shake of the day, make sure you get a shake in within 1 hour of finishing your workout. Your muscles are starving for amino acids soon as you finish training and a good whey protein shake can deliver the amino acids you need very quickly (an advantage over food protein which can take up to 4 hours to start delivering them to the blood)

The morning protein shake is also very important get the protein in to your body as soon as you get up.

Happy training

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is!

Quote Originally Posted by james7344 View Post
    Anyone know a good pure whey? They sold it in California to the CC athletes since a cheese factory was across the street so like 5lbs was about $17 for like 50g protein but you had to be an athlete through the coaches signature. Anyone know where to get 100% pure stuff for cheap?
    So I found something I may be interested in. It seems all you guys recommending ON are just as fanboyish as ipod people. Here's something with a similar profile and a bit less on both price and carbohydrates.

I think I'll order some of this stuff if my bro is down to split a 5lber with me but I'd still like the original question answered.
    I'm not seeing your similarly profiled product.

Quote Originally Posted by james7344 View Post

link damnit.

This is getting out of control. Beautifully out of control like a squirrel on fire.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast