Thread: A cool trick for Gmail Email Addresses (multiple emails, without multiple accounts)

Default A cool trick for Gmail Email Addresses (multiple emails, without multiple accounts)

I learned about this when searching around for those disposable email sites (trying to sign up on websites such as Amazon multiple times, with different email accounts).

If you have a Gmail account, you can use variations of your current Gmail address by putting dots in it, and it will still forward emails sent to the variation email to your ORIGINAL email.

For example, say your current Gmail email is: xbox360iso@gmail.com

If you add a dot into it and make it: xbox360.iso@gmail.com

Emails will still go to your ORIGINAL email without the dots.

It's a nice little way to have some disposable email addresses without having to go through the hassle of creating multiple email accounts.

If you knew about this already, move on But if you didn't, hope this comes in handy for you in the future!
    "People should talk to others everyday, even if it's just small talk. Otherwise their hearts will grow dark and serious. Talking to others builds bonds and makes you feel grateful that you're alive. That's the kind of creatures we humans are." - Jiraiya Sensei

Default Re: A cool trick for Gmail Email Addresses (multiple emails, without multiple account

This is such a stupid thing with gmail. My bro had dot in his and gets emails that have been sent to the guy who doesn't have the dot. They should really fix this.

Default Re: A cool trick for Gmail Email Addresses (multiple emails, without multiple account

cool. thx for the trick. will try this later

I have way too many dummy emails lol it only takes like a min to create a new gmail anyway

it's cool but old stuff
    Thanks for sharing though
    REP is stupid, asking for it is even more stupiderer
    +REP If I helped, lolz

Stand up for your rights! No one else will!
    Don't forget to fight for your right to PARTY!!!!!!

can also use the + trick, just add a plus and a word before the @. For example, bob@gmail.com can use bob+job@gmail.com or even bob+flob@gmail.com
    You will still receive the email. I was able to register multiple PSN accounts with this xD

Thanks to Sony for the Sig

I don't see the point of this, I thought the whole point of disposable email addresses is you never want communications from whoever you're giving the email address to. By giving them this email address variation you will still get any further emails straight into your main email account so you may as well give them the real address

maybe I'm missing something

if you want a real disposable email address try using yopmail.
    If it ain't broke, fix it until it is!