Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

im might have too try this..

Quote Originally Posted by james7344 View Post
    You guys got it pretty good but seemed to have forgotten WHY things like cardio and squat are so important. Simple things like proper form for each exercise, and the smaller muscle groups like forearm and calf raises. Of course if you have then it's no biggy. I'm all amped on some percocets i got for my wisdom teeth and just kind of skimmed the two.

And remember, the best pre-workout is jacked ;) jk haha, unless you're planning on ripping someone's face off ... But i think PCP is safer...
    Actually, mtren is the best pre workout I've ever taken lmfao. I had a pm from a mod yesterday asking if I'd be willing to do a thread on the "dark side" so will be doing so if I get the go ahead. Think a lot of guys are interested in that side of things so you will get honest, no bull**** advice.

Also, I wouldn't be using stimulants all the time. Only take them if you really feel sluggish that day. I know a few guys who have heart issues today, all of them place part of the blame on too much stim use.

My main goal is squatting 300lb.
    What do you think about this leg workout?:
    Low bar squat (below parallel) 5x3. I add 5lb every week or 2 weeks.
    Leg press (knees touch the sides of the pecs) 10x3. I'm adding 5lb every workout.
    Calf raises 16x3. I add 5lb if I do 20 without much work.
    Sometimes I also add a couple of leg extensions or hamstring curls, but by the end of the calf raises I'm sweating like hell and just want to leave lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ng95680a View Post

Workout and resting time

Base on the work of Angel Spassov and Piloquin i will advise that your training should not take more than 1 hour because of the drop on your testosterone and raise on your cortisol levels and resting time should be anywhere from 1 min/2 for hypertrophy training to more than 5 min for strength training.

Deadlift - I didn't do these because i felt my back wasn't strong enough (i did back extensions) and is an exercise that is MANDATORY that you perform with proper weight, i had 2 clients on the CT table that f*cked up their backs doing these! But they will work your lower back like no other.

I find these two things extremely hilarious. You really need to say that this whole guide is for weak people staying on the same weight for months just so they can feel that burn. Just because it says "Bodybuilding," In the title can still confuse people.

Only staying in the gym one hour when you're doing real weight is hilarious. I also find it funny how you are posting this when you posted that deadlift section of text. So you had people trust you enough to be your "Clients," I have no idea if that is just your friends or people that paid you but whatever and they actually messed up their backs while you were watching them.

That should be such a red flag that I have no idea why you posted that. Hilarious but fun reading. I do have to add that I like how WRT says he doesn't like taking stims but takes gear.

Im going to take on a few things here.

1. If you are in the gym for only an hour you had better be doing super sets and going for tone, you aint getting big.

2. Rest times are way to long, you are resting equal to your work time (as close to) So for 12 reps you are resting 45 seconds. 8 reps, a minute, anything over is lost time.

3. Saying that there different kinds of sets is useless, mix sets. Do 2x12 then 1x8 4x8, whatever you feel like. Just make sure to change the sets up so you dont get stale.

4. I want to touch on how many days to workout a week. All of them. I personally lift heavy 6-7 days a week for four hours, my body can take it and i get gains all the time. You know your body, if you need a rest day (Really really need it) you take it. But you hit cardio and abs that day. A full day off with no action is bad. It leaves a slump and temptation to quit, dont fall into that trap. Keep active everyday, if you need to rest from heavy lifting make sure to hit cardio!

Quote Originally Posted by asddasit View Post
    Im going to take on a few things here.

1. If you are in the gym for only an hour you had better be doing super sets and going for tone, you aint getting big.

2. Rest times are way to long, you are resting equal to your work time (as close to) So for 12 reps you are resting 45 seconds. 8 reps, a minute, anything over is lost time.

3. Saying that there different kinds of sets is useless, mix sets. Do 2x12 then 1x8 4x8, whatever you feel like. Just make sure to change the sets up so you dont get stale.

4. I want to touch on how many days to workout a week. All of them. I personally lift heavy 6-7 days a week for four hours, my body can take it and i get gains all the time. You know your body, if you need a rest day (Really really need it) you take it. But you hit cardio and abs that day. A full day off with no action is bad. It leaves a slump and temptation to quit, dont fall into that trap. Keep active everyday, if you need to rest from heavy lifting make sure to hit cardio!
    There's no such thing as "toning".
    What are your stats?
    How do you even manage to spend 4 hours working out all week? I just don't believe I could lift heavy as you claim, even on gear, for 4 hours straight everyday. Way to burn your CNS.

There is such a thing as toning actually, its all about muscle usage and mechanics.
    I am a personal trainer and competition lifter, four hours a day is very doable when its your job. Im not sure what you mean for stats, I am 6'1 195 and 3.5 PBF. My maxes are bench 405, shrug 940, dead lift 625, squat 405.

There is such a thing as toning actually, its all about muscle usage and mechanics.
    I am a personal trainer and competition lifter, four hours a day is very doable when its your job. Im not sure what you mean for stats, I am 6'1 195 and 3.5 PBF. My maxes are bench 405, shrug 940, dead lift 625, squat 405.
    those are embarrassing stats for a comp lifter. Please tell me you're a bodybuilder or in the junior divison at least. Also who even brags about shrug stats?

No expert here, but as a personal trainer and competition lifter I thought you would know what people call toning is fat loss mostly.

You know the rules. If you want to talk about your stats you're going to have to post timestamped pictures of you flexing. Otherwise no one is going to believe you.

This is getting out of control. Beautifully out of control like a squirrel on fire.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast