Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 59 of 59

Thread: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,367
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

    after like 2 months i guess

    ( Click to show/hide )


    No more gym till i get a membership cause schools over.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    648
    Rep Power
    61

    Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

    ng:

    I'd like to offer my $.02 on the rep ranges.

    1-3 "Explosiveness"

    3-6 "Strength"

    6-12 "Hypertrophy"

    12+ "Endurance"

    Where reps in ranges of 5/6 do offer muscular hypertrophy and strength gains, the balance of which reaches a 50/50 around 6/7. I put on plenty of mass doing 5x5s.

    This is another thread I'd love to post in and contribute to.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SPARTAAAAAAAAAA
    Posts
    2,836
    Rep Power
    283

    Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

    Quote Originally Posted by mebcitadel View Post
    ng:

    I'd like to offer my $.02 on the rep ranges.

    1-3 "Explosiveness"

    3-6 "Strength"

    6-12 "Hypertrophy"

    12+ "Endurance"

    Where reps in ranges of 5/6 do offer muscular hypertrophy and strength gains, the balance of which reaches a 50/50 around 6/7. I put on plenty of mass doing 5x5s.

    This is another thread I'd love to post in and contribute to.
    I and we (i believe) wold be happy with feedback and/or criticism, thanks m8.

    About the Explosiveness i never did less then 5 reps workouts so i can't personally speak for it's benefit, so if you could share your views specially regarding those and strength ones also i would be thankful.

    Btw totally passed me, nice work Boat.


    - Only one image per signature, 2 are fine, but only if they are small.
    - Signatures can be up to 900 pixels wide and 300 pixels high.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    648
    Rep Power
    61

    Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

    Quote Originally Posted by ng95680a View Post
    I and we (i believe) wold be happy with feedback and/or criticism, thanks m8.

    Btw totally passed me, nice work Boat.
    Hell yeah, and anytime anyone asks anyone about a pullup question they need to be immediately redirected to this:

    http://www.kbnj.com/FighterPullupByPavel.htm

    With the disclaimer that "hunched over" will focus more on arms and mid back, while a broad chested extroverted pull up focus more on lat width development. For fighting, strength, endurance purposes, I would recommend a hunched over pull up. For bodybuilding I would recommend the wider elbows out extroverted style.

    Fighter Pullup by Pavel is the least gimmicky, best program I have ever found. I increased my 1 set max from 12 strict pull ups (not my best ever, just where I was at the time) to 30. It is pure progression, and incorporated into an intermediate routine is second to none for people having difficulty increasing pull ups. You only need to be able to do 3, which at an intermediate level is a given. For other people interested in general fitness it might also be good (for the guy who wants to do pushups, situps, pullups, and cardio).

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada is the place of origin
    Posts
    1,313
    Rep Power
    278

    Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

    Quote Originally Posted by mebcitadel View Post
    Fighter Pullup by Pavel is the least gimmicky, best program I have ever found. I increased my 1 set max from 12 strict pull ups (not my best ever, just where I was at the time) to 30. It is pure progression, and incorporated into an intermediate routine is second to none for people having difficulty increasing pull ups. You only need to be able to do 3, which at an intermediate level is a given. For other people interested in general fitness it might also be good (for the guy who wants to do pushups, situps, pullups, and cardio).
    You can do 30 pull ups with strict form? I met a guy that could do 30 that weighed 120 pounds... not that kipping BS neither. He was kickin and spittin and 25 lmao

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    648
    Rep Power
    61

    Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

    Quote Originally Posted by josh8697 View Post
    You can do 30 pull ups with strict form? I met a guy that could do 30 that weighed 120 pounds... not that kipping BS neither. He was kickin and spittin and 25 lmao
    Before I stopped training pull ups like that yes. No kicking or kipping. Follow that routine and you can do it. You have to stay on top of it or you'll rapidly lose that endurance. It comes back quickly though. I'm training differently at the moment.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

    More a less a good basis for a beginner ... 3x squat ... for LEGS DAY !? :O
    Umm if your an advacned bb 1/2 of your legg session should be squats ...

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SPARTAAAAAAAAAA
    Posts
    2,836
    Rep Power
    283

    Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

    Quote Originally Posted by joshuashughes20 View Post
    More a less a good basis for a beginner ... 3x squat ... for LEGS DAY !? :O
    Umm if your an advacned bb 1/2 of your legg session should be squats ...
    What works for you may not be what works for most, the thread isn't about me or about you, is about people in general.
    If more volume works better for you, do it, for me it doesn't, i already go very heavy on those 3 sets, it's my 1st exercise and i get nuked after doing it, if you prefer lighter weight so you can do more sets, do it but for me doesn't work as good that way.


    - Only one image per signature, 2 are fine, but only if they are small.
    - Signatures can be up to 900 pixels wide and 300 pixels high.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    21

    Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding guide for intermediates

    Quote Originally Posted by ng95680a View Post
    What works for you may not be what works for most, the thread isn't about me or about you, is about people in general.
    If more volume works better for you, do it, for me it doesn't, i already go very heavy on those 3 sets, it's my 1st exercise and i get nuked after doing it, if you prefer lighter weight so you can do more sets, do it but for me doesn't work as good that way.
    Fair enough, I can understand me sounding like a bit of a **** in my last post, it wasnt a stab at you, just more shock than anything haha. ^^

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. WRT and NG - Bodybuilding introduction for beginners
    By ng95680a in forum Fitness Center
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 19th October 2013, 04:00 PM
  2. X-Rep Bodybuilding Ebook Collection [5 eBooks - PDF]
    By FP73 in forum PC eBooks / Magazines
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th September 2013, 06:22 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 21st October 2011, 11:46 PM
  4. bodybuilding section
    By smallx in forum Ideas/Suggestions/Bug Submission/Feedback
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29th June 2011, 05:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Please contact us for your DMCA OR Abuse Requests via
dmca@xbox360iso.com
Xbox360ISO website is not endorsed by or affiliated with Xbox and/or Microsoft Corporation.
eXTReMe Tracker