Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding introduction for beginners

Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding introduction for beginners

Quote Originally Posted by ng95680a View Post
    Do you any known spine conditions? Lumbar, sacrum or cervical?

You also said you havent been seeing improvements to your posture, have you been doing therapeutic exercises for it?

What is your posture seating and standing up? Do you have pics?
    No known spine conditions, used to have great posture.

I've been doing a lot of stretching and was looking into some yoga exercises as well to couple with my workouts (especially on rest days).

Have no current pics (especially full body, only have phone camera and would have to get my roommate to take some pics for me I suppose). Maybe my posture isn't as bad as I think it is, but I am pretty sure I have the typical bad computer posture.

That forced kyphosis is a b and since there aren't any conventional ways to quick correct it, you just have to force your posture on a daily basis, because some exercises (like some in yoga or pilates) can help but if u spend the rest of the day on a bad posture it will never get well.

My big brothers had some problems with that (a more serious degree) and his doctor was insane he had to spend everyday 1 hour laying on the floor with his shoulders blades touching the floor, was painful to see was almost 25 y ago and i still remember until this day even though i was so so young.

One exercise that i know some people do is sitting on a bench with the back against the wall (actually was a pilates ball) and just stretch your arms forward and upwards but without ever loosing touch between your back and wall, try that one.

When u can take a pic that will be helpful in my profession spine is a daily thing, specially when im doing xrays so that can get me a very rough idea if you are not blowing everything out of proportion :P

- Only one image per signature, 2 are fine, but only if they are small.
    - Signatures can be up to 900 pixels wide and 300 pixels high.

but if u spend the rest of the day on a bad posture it will never get well.
    Yup this is what I thought lol

One exercise that i know some people do is sitting on a bench with the back against the wall (actually was a pilates ball) and just stretch your arms forward and upwards but without ever loosing touch between your back and wall, try that one.
    I'll try this, am I supposed to just hold the position for a certain amount of time? Now that I'm more conscious about my posture it should help with the process of fixing it hopefully. I have raised my monitor so it's above eye level a bit, hopefully it helps as it's something more permanent I can do to help things along.

When u can take a pic that will be helpful in my profession spine is a daily thing, specially when im doing xrays so that can get me a very rough idea if you are not blowing everything out of proportion :P
    Odds are I am blowing it a bit out of proportion but there is stress on upper back and neck so I am fairly certain I have some kind of posture problems if anything lmao

You just need to flair your arms to the side, then to the front, then lower them then raise them up again to the side then to the front, then repeat until you cant no more, but keep back contact and is really important to feel that contraction.

Ng95680a what exercise can you recommend like Awesome I have bad back posture

I have curved back (if I stand against the wall I can easily put my arms behind my back) and lean right more than left don't do weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdrakke View Post
    Ng95680a what exercise can you recommend like Awesome I have bad back posture

I have curved back (if I stand against the wall I can easily put my arms behind my back) and lean right more than left don't do weights.
    Have you been diagnosed by an MD ? Seems like your situation isn't as "light" as Awesome.

No not diagnosed by MD just referred by GP to physio therapist who said I have curved back.

Weak stomach muscles put strain on my back and doesn't do my posture any favours with body misalignment.

Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding introduction for begginers

Do you have an allowance? Carbs is usually the cheapest and easiest to buy, people usually buy oats, for protein, protein powder for gram/pound is usually the cheapest source.
    I have no allowance or income atm. I think im going to have to wait until I get some income before starting again.

Default WRT and NG - Bodybuilding introduction for beginners

Like the guide, come this summer I'm going to start working out. I'll be done with school and start college, so this shouldn't be a bad hobby. Gonna go ahead and stop drinking soda. Or try too anyways.

iTz EPiC is offline Senior Member XBOXISO Legend

Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding introduction for begginers

Your bodyweight is 172 kg?:X

Use this one it has 3 different formulas, use 3 of them and do an average.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    Posts merged - please don't double post!

Do you have an allowance? Carbs is usually the cheapest and easiest to buy, people usually buy oats, for protein, protein powder for gram/pound is usually the cheapest source.
    lmao nooooo I meant to put 172 lbs hahaha. I need to go back and recalculate that.

I'm hardcore facepalming myself right now.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast