Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding introduction for beginners

iTz EPiC is offline Senior Member XBOXISO Legend

Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding introduction for begginers

Quote Originally Posted by ng95680a View Post
    It can be the metabolism, how do your macros look like?
    I've heard that term but what does it mean exactly? Is it something I should be counting/keeping track of?

Quote Originally Posted by iTz EPiC View Post
    I've heard that term but what does it mean exactly? Is it something I should be counting/keeping track of?
    Stands for macronutrients, which are the chemical compounds for energy.

Carbs, proteins, and fat. If you are trying to do a clean bulk or for cutting, it would behoove you to track them. It ultimately depends on what you want though, you want 1g of protein for every pound on your body though ideally.

I do a 50/30/20 split atm for bulking (fats, protein, carbs) just because it's what personally fits my diet. It's different for everyone, when it comes time to cut I may try for ketosis (<20g carbs a day).

What awesome said, it's very hard for one to really know what they are consuming before weighting and logging every damn thing, theres is always a big difference between what you think you are consuming and what you are definitely consuming.

- Only one image per signature, 2 are fine, but only if they are small.
    - Signatures can be up to 900 pixels wide and 300 pixels high.

Default Re: WRT and NG - Bodybuilding introduction for beginners

This is a great thread. I'm ashamed to admit that I gave up a few weeks ago after 'working out' for about 6 months at home. It's mainly because the nutrition, I'm 17 and eat whatever my parents buy from ASDA so I find it hard to get the right stuff and counting all the macros you consume is really annoying.

I weighed myself before I started and the other day and I have stayed at 140lbs. I know the scales are not really important but during that time I made minimal strength gains and no visual gains.

So here's my situation:

5'11
    140lbs
    BF% about 14 (I have callipers but I don't think there that accurate) basically skinny fat.

I don't want to give up and have put some money into equipment over the last few months (a bench, barbell, ez curl bar, dumbbells and plates, still need a proper pull-up bar). I was thinking about getting back into it and following the xbox360iso full-body routine but even if I did, the nutrition would hold me back.

There is no way I could get 140g of protein everyday or any of my other macros. The only consistent food I can eat is a bowl of porridge everyday in the morning, lunch I have white rice, baked beans and shredded chicken breast cooked in a pan and dinner is normally pasta and more shredded chicken breast in tomato sauce or a lump of chicken breast with roast potatoes and some vegetables. It seems like a lack of food is holding me back.

iTz EPiC is offline Senior Member XBOXISO Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ng95680a View Post
    What awesome said, it's very hard for one to really know what they are consuming before weighting and logging every damn thing, theres is always a big difference between what you think you are consuming and what you are definitely consuming.
    EDIT: Went to BB.com to calculate macros. After it did its calculation, I have discovered that I'm lacking in a lot of areas. I doubt I consume three quarters of this:

Nice thread, will bookmark!! ...+rep

EDIT: Went to BB.com to calculate macros. After it did its calculation, I have discovered that I'm lacking in a lot of areas. I doubt I consume three quarters of this:
    Your bodyweight is 172 kg?:X

Use this one it has 3 different formulas, use 3 of them and do an average.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    Posts merged - please don't double post!
    Quote Originally Posted by fabreegas View Post
    This is a great thread. I'm ashamed to admit that I gave up a few weeks ago after 'working out' for about 6 months at home. It's mainly because the nutrition, I'm 17 and eat whatever my parents buy from ASDA so I find it hard to get the right stuff and counting all the macros you consume is really annoying.

I weighed myself before I started and the other day and I have stayed at 140lbs. I know the scales are not really important but during that time I made minimal strength gains and no visual gains.

So here's my situation:

5'11
    140lbs
    BF% about 14 (I have callipers but I don't think there that accurate) basically skinny fat.

I don't want to give up and have put some money into equipment over the last few months (a bench, barbell, ez curl bar, dumbbells and plates, still need a proper pull-up bar). I was thinking about getting back into it and following the xbox360iso full-body routine but even if I did, the nutrition would hold me back.

There is no way I could get 140g of protein everyday or any of my other macros. The only consistent food I can eat is a bowl of porridge everyday in the morning, lunch I have white rice, baked beans and shredded chicken breast cooked in a pan and dinner is normally pasta and more shredded chicken breast in tomato sauce or a lump of chicken breast with roast potatoes and some vegetables. It seems like a lack of food is holding me back.

Do you have an allowance? Carbs is usually the cheapest and easiest to buy, people usually buy oats, for protein, protein powder for gram/pound is usually the cheapest source.

Let's see, I'm pretty knowledgeable with fitness I feel but I have a rather noobish question. How long will it take to correct my posture in general with weightlifting. I work in an office or from home usually, free time is spent on the computer usually, being in class I am sitting for 1-3 hour lectures, driving 1-2 hours a day I am sitting the whole time as well (obviously). It's taken it's toll on my overall posture, especially my neck. I've started lifting again this year and have been for close to 2-3 months now, I haven't really seen any improvement in my posture. To be honest I can't even tell when my posture is good even, what would you recommend though to help aid the process along or will it just be one of those things that takes awhile to correct with the years of abuse I have put on my spine and neck?

Thanks for the guide guys. Lots of little tips that would've wished to know back when i started lifting.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by halo344 View Post
    Thanks for the guide guys. Lots of little tips that would've wished to know back when i started lifting.
    Thanks m8, any constructive criticism will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome View Post
    It's taken it's toll on my overall posture, especially my neck. I've started lifting again this year and have been for close to 2-3 months now, I haven't really seen any improvement in my posture. To be honest I can't even tell when my posture is good even, what would you recommend though to help aid the process along or will it just be one of those things that takes awhile to correct with the years of abuse I have put on my spine and neck?
    Do you any known spine conditions? Lumbar, sacrum or cervical?

You also said you havent been seeing improvements to your posture, have you been doing therapeutic exercises for it?

What is your posture seating and standing up? Do you have pics?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast