Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The build YO self a computer thread. *Noob friendly*

Default Re: The build YO self a computer thread. *Noob friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by georgebrooksy View Post
    Well I wasn't planning on rushing into overclocking straight away, I had it more in mind for when a new game may come out, for example next year then to play it on good settings I may need to overclock. However if I didn't overclock do you think the Coolermaster 212 Evo you reccomended be good enough with the Asus Radeon 7970 without overclocking? Or would I still need a more powerful cooling solution.
    Yea it's absolutely enough up to 4.2Ghz, some people are running with 4.6Ghz on it just fine, it had such good reviews I bought one myself and I'm very happy with it.

The only thing I would say is make sure to set the CPU fan profile to "Silent" in the motherboard settings otherwise it's noisy.
    If you set it to silent however you won't be able to hear it at all (lowers the fan rpm)

Running my 3570k at 4Ghz on silent mode with around 35c idle and under 70c full load (prime 95).
    In gaming that temp will be less so I'm very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenSquirrel View Post
    Yea it's absolutely enough up to 4.2Ghz, some people are running with 4.6Ghz on it just fine, it had such good reviews I bought one myself and I'm very happy with it.

The only thing I would say is make sure to set the CPU fan profile to "Silent" in the motherboard settings otherwise it's noisy.
    If you set it to silent however you won't be able to hear it at all (lowers the fan rpm)

Running my 3570k at 4Ghz on silent mode with around 35c idle and under 70c full load (prime 95).
    In gaming that temp will be less so I'm very happy.
    Right okay so got my planned build set , Thanks a lot for your help really appreciate it.
    Perhaps the greatest player of all time

Quote Originally Posted by georgebrooksy View Post
    Right okay so got my planned build set , Thanks a lot for your help really appreciate it.
    No problem, glad I could help.

Why is it that the $300-$400 build and the $400 build arent complete? They are both missing CPUs unless I am missing something. Also the $400 build is missing an optical drive.

AMD FX-8320 | Hyper 212 Evo | Gigabyte 970A-D3P | Sapphire 7950 | Corsair 200R | Ducky 9087 Shine 2

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567