Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding fake Windows 8 "Permanent Activation" methods. See here.

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Windows 8 "Permanent Activation" methods. See here.

TL; DR

There will be no activator for W8 whatsoever. None, zip, nada. You might as well drop some cash if you really wanna upgrade.

I think that's what the thread is trying to say.
    Than =/ Then
    There =/ Their =/ They're
    Brought = Bring; Bought = Buy

Know the difference!

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Windows 8 "Permanent Activation" methods. See here.

Finally, someone who understands. If you take the time to read what Daz said (I basically interviewed him on MSN about this lol) you will understand why it's not possible. Check the first post for his MDL post regarding the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    Finally, someone who understands. If you take the time to read what Daz said (I basically interviewed him on MSN about this lol) you will understand why it's not possible. Check the first post for his MDL post regarding the situation.
    Its cheap too im going to download a copy after xmas and if I like it get the pro version £24.99 is feck all for a key for life and you know the copys 100% legit.

I am all for getting stuff for free but I think its about time I donate to them lol used a copy as far back as I remember.

Yeah I think they took the approach of "Let's make it basically impossible for these guys to pirate it properly and just lower the price to < £30 and more people will buy it". Which, imo, is a great strategy. Makes sense! Luckily I have an MSDN Student account with lots of free software so I'll just get my copy and dual boot.

This thread is really just warning people of the fake hacktivators out there and that regardless of what anyone says - THEY ARE NOT PERMANENT.

Well people will still want anything free no matter how much they use it or how cheap it is but the way I see it if I like it I will buy it £24.99 is nothing really I spend more than that a week on beer lol.

I'm not sure if you mentioned it, but what about the MC keys M$ gave out that unintentionally activated the full version of Win8? Will those also get deactivated sometime in the future? I used those on 2 of my PC.
    Than =/ Then

Know the difference!

Good read for a midnight pass through. +rep OP going to stick with W7+Ubuntu anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Helizer View Post
    I'm not sure if you mentioned it, but what about the MC keys M$ gave out that unintentionally activated the full version of Win8? Will those also get deactivated sometime in the future? I used those on 2 of my PC.
    The key will be blocked only if you've first used KMS to activate. So if you used KMS to activate and then MCE key to make it perm there is a pretty damn good chance they will be blocked. Basically if you ever used KMS to activate then you will be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    The key will be blocked only if you've first used KMS to activate. So if you used KMS to activate and then MCE key to make it perm there is a pretty damn good chance they will be blocked. Basically if you ever used KMS to activate then you will be screwed.
    Ahh good to know. I didn't use KMS, I simply used a Windows 8 Pro with MC iso. Plugged in the key and already activated. I guess only time will tell.
    Than =/ Then

Know the difference!

I wouldn't mind sticking with Windows 7 for good. However, I read somewhere that the newest direct x will not work on Windows 7 or lower. That it will only support windows 8, could anyone give me info on this?
    Cooler Master Elite 430
    i5 3570k @ 4.5 max temps 60c
    Powercolor 7950 @ 40% lineload
    Vengeance 8gb RAM

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast