Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding fake Windows 8 "Permanent Activation" methods. See here.

Default ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding fake Windows 8 "Permanent Activation" methods. See here.

I've seen a lot of apps around saying that they are "permanent" activation methods. Unfortunately folks, as of yet, there is no permanent solution other than having a legitimate key.

Now you might turn around to me and say "Hey Logie, I used X's activator and it's working fine. Why are you saying all this?". Basically what every "activator" is not actually activating your copy of Windows 8, but instead it is only "hacktivating". What's the difference you ask? Good question. The difference is that every program out there that claims to activate W8 fully/permanently actually modify system files which (for MS) is very very very very easy to detect and patch. The method you are currently using might work for a a few days, weeks or months but eventually it will be caught and you can take my word for it.

How do I know all of this? Well it's common knowledge firstly because changing system files does not equal activation regardless of what OS is being targeted. Secondly I happen to know Daz very very well (I actually designed the Windows Loader icon) and he explained to me why they are not permanent and why they are a temporary solution. He has also included the following in the latest version of Windows Loader's readme:
    ( Click to show/hide )

Code:
    Windows 8 support may never be added to the loader because the activation system has changed. It wouldn't be safe for me to
    include what are basically retail keys as they can be blocked.

* OA 2.0 keys can be shared
    * OA 2.1 keys can be shared
    * OA 2.2 keys can be shared
    * OA 3.0 keys can't be shared (This is what Windows 8 uses)

I'll make one thing clear too. There are no activators for Windows 8. Anything that modifies files inside of the Windows
    directory is considered hacktivation, not activation. You're NOT safe and it's NOT permanent.

If you simply want your OS to look like Windows 8 then I'd suggest you try Windows Server 2012 Datacenter.

http://www.win2012workstation.com/
    http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2108
    http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2311
    http://www.win2008workstation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2172&start=14

So you see kids, there is no proper/legit/permanent/fully activated copy of Windows 8 that will last forever unless it has been purchased.

I thought I would give everyone a heads up as I see people using it as their main OS claiming that it's "fully activated" only to be crushed by MS in a while.

If there ever is a proper solution then I'll update this thread and my Windows thread.

tl;dr - There is no way to activate W8 forever without a legit key.

EDIT

Update from Daz regarding KMS/WMC keys and their future.
    ( Click to show/hide )

Quote Originally Posted by Daz
    Daz says:
    if you first used KMS to activate Windows 8 and then added a WMC key then you'll lose activation
    Daz says:
    MAK keys can also be blocked, although it's yet to be seen if MS can do it
    Daz says:
    well not can, will lol
    Daz says:
    data.dat caches your activation methods used
    Daz says:
    So if they can detect KMS where theres a ton of servers then of course they can target MAK too
    Daz says:
    because the core key being used id the same
    Daz says:
    So while everyone may get a different ID code the other code is still in that data.dat
    Logie says:
    So all in all, every key method used (regardless of it being an app or via cmd) will be blocked in the long run?
    Daz says:
    can be, but can't say for sure if they will
    Daz says:
    they'll likely release a WAT update like they did for Windows 7, and it may not be optional
    Daz says:
    hacktivation = modified system files which are at the mercy of Windows updates, virus scanners and WAT
    Daz says:
    KMS = getting blocked so systems won't pass further genuine tests
    Daz says:
    MAK = It has a cached serial used (same as what it'll be on other peoples systems) so it may also not be safe
    Daz says:
    for MAK MS could just look at where the systems with the same ID are being activated
    Daz says:
    like if ones in UK, another in spain and more in US then obviously its leaked
    Daz says:
    will they then block it? they could
    Daz says:
    Windows 8 actually has WAT built into it too, so no actual updates required
    Daz says:
    When I talk about a WAT update i mean an extra spanner in the works for hacktivated systems
    Logie says:
    W8 is really compelx in terms of activation.
    Logie says:
    I think that's why they dropped the price so much.
    Daz says:
    well not complex, its actually rather simple
    Logie says:
    People are more inclined to buy it at a cheap price instead of ****ing around with activating.
    Daz says:
    but its just that they've removed license channels
    Logie says:
    Well, when I say complex I mean hard to activate via non-legit methods.
    Daz says:
    so theres nothing like OEM : SLP
    Daz says:
    everythings pretty much the same as a retail license
    Daz says:
    i suspect even hacktivated systems will die soon too
    Daz says:
    they all share the same key
    Daz says:
    mak is "safe" at the moment, but like i said
    Daz says:
    same code used on each system
    Daz says:
    the ID thats generated is based off your systems unique hardware ID
    Daz says:
    you activate that via the phone and then think you're safe because you done it offline
    Daz says:
    you're not though because Windows 8 does genuine checks randomly in the background
    Daz says:
    so if you ever put your system online you're at risk as the MAK key you used is cached to data.dat lol
    Daz says:
    People think that by changing the data.dat to someone elses that they'll be safe, but thats the same deal. You still have someone elses cached serial and as it's on more than 1 system you're risking it being blocked and all systems using it then will go non-genuine

Confirmation of KMS being/getting blocked - http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...l=1#post696934

Official post from Daz explaining why it's not possible - http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...l=1#post697111

Kirkyeehee Guest

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Windows 8 "Permanent Activation" methods. See here.

What about those that used the keys that MS was giving out there for a while and didn't even realize it? Like in Johnno's thread?

Technically no apps were used (just cmd prompts) and they were legit keys for full activation. Unique to each person that got one, so they'd only have 1 use on them unless people shared them.

Default Re: ANNOUNCEMENT - Regarding Windows 8 "Permanent Activation" methods. See here.

AFAIK Kirk those keys will all become obsolete in time. As stated the keys cannot be shared so I'd imagine that those methods used at the beginning will come to an end. Once Daz is on MSN I'll ask for full clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    AFAIK Kirk those keys will all become obsolete in time. As stated the keys cannot be shared so I'd imagine that those methods used at the beginning will come to an end. Once Daz is on MSN I'll ask for full clarification.
    i update the keys all the time you do know what a mak key is dont you. Multiple Activation Key..... i know all the activators are registry patches they dont activate at all just change the status to active and are bad thats why i only use mak keys also the keys from ms still work you have to use skype they released an update for windows to reconize the keys as an add on but skype bypasses it meaning the activation is legit

i would never dload a copy of win claiming to be active or use any of them activators
    Aldi Broadband live a Little Lag a Lot.

Like I said I'll find out about the MAK keys. I know what they are and how to go about them. I had them when they were private and only handed out to a few lol. I'm finding out now what their status is and how they will hold up.

not sure why people just don't do the $14.99 Deal and never worry about a Key

http://www.xbox360iso.com/usa-colorado-mods-t595279.html

My point exactly Darkspade. I'm lucky and got a copy through my student MSDN account so I'm sorted for a legit copy.

there good mate even if you did get not genuine you can always just use another my laptop has been activated from the very first leak with a mak key and ive had no probz
    same with office 2013 you can always remove a bad key who knows what them so called activators install on your pc s...... i would never use one as i have my bank details on my computer

Added details from Daz on MAK/WMC keys.

EDIT

@johnno2
    ( Click to show/hide )

Quote Originally Posted by Daz
    Daz says:
    you can remove a bad key but data.dat caches everything
    Daz says:
    so it will flag you

Quote Originally Posted by Logie View Post
    Added details from Daz on MAK/WMC keys.

EDIT

@johnno2
    ( Click to show/hide )

thats why you backup the spp folder thats where the data cache folder is super simple to change or remove you may need to enable hidden folders/files but its there and can always be fixed with a simple copy and paste of a backup i made a thread how to do this so no matter what you can always activate or enter a legit key if ppl decide to buy one.... the only way ms can patch this is to block phone activation completely ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast