Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone own some turtle beach xp400's? or any turtle beach headphones

Default Anyone own some turtle beach xp400's? or any turtle beach headphones

hey guys just wanting some feedback for these headphones and turtle beaches in general. Im a turtle beach virgin so haven't got any experience with them. So im looking into the XP400's as these have everything im wanting out of the headphones, there wireless, have Bluetooth chat for 360 and which will hopefully work on the pc aswell??? (anyone confirm?) are these decent?

cheers in advance

Default Re: Anyone own some turtle beach xp400's? or any turtle beach headphones

I have the old skool x11's had them 2 years now, so they do last. I had the wireless x41's i believe they were called and i don't know what it was but i didn't liek the wireless one's didn't justify the money but overall I feel they are the best quality for money headset

Default Re: Anyone own some turtle beach xp400's? or any turtle beach headphones

I got the x41's and to be honest, I was a little disappointed. I can't use the mic feature as my friends complain about too much feedback. After contacting Turtlebeach, I get nothing but a new feedback cable sent and the same thing happens. (Out of warranty now)

I find the headset to be quiet, especially when using the digital optical cable.

The one good thing about it is the battery usage. Two standard Duracell AAA's last three of four weeks.

I'd personally be inclined to try tritton.

Quote Originally Posted by alz619 View Post
    I got the x41's and to be honest, I was a little disappointed. I can't use the mic feature as my friends complain about too much feedback. After contacting Turtlebeach, I get nothing but a new feedback cable sent and the same thing happens. (Out of warranty now)

I find the headset to be quiet, especially when using the digital optical cable.

The one good thing about it is the battery usage. Two standard Duracell AAA's last three of four weeks.

Thats the same problem i had hence switching to the x11's

Quote Originally Posted by alz619 View Post

the xp400's have a rechargeable battery which you roughly get around 15 hours out of which im more than happy with. I've also read about the problems people have with low volumes and also popping over the mic but in his model it seems to have been fixed with it having a 5ghz chip

I have been debating weather to get the trittons as there the only 360 licensed headphones about i believe but im not 100% sure you can use them with the pc, maybe with the xbox 360 wireless receiver? and they also don't have many of the features of turtle beach like answering calls ect

Quote Originally Posted by unforgiving View Post
    Thats the same problem i had hence switching to the x11's
    I had the x11's and this was supposed to be the HUGE upgrade that would blow me away. I sold them to a friend as soon as my x41's came in the post. At first, I thought I had some settings wrong. After a while and a good search of the net, I quickly realized that this was indeed what the x41's were all about.

Partly due to laziness and a desire to give them the benefit of the doubt, I opted not to send them back but rather use them on my TV and PS3 for late night sessions.

The durability is pretty good. I've had these for about a year and a half now, if not longer and they still feel okay and work the same. (Then again, you would expect them to for the price).

My friend got a pair of Tritton ax720's and the feel was so different. They just felt better built. The sound was better. I had the edge in Battlefield BC2 because I could clearly hear footsteps coming behind me.

Obviously there is no point in comparing the ax720 to the x41 as the x41 offering is now outdated and generations behind the current Turlebeach products, but it has left a skid mark on their reputation and when my x41's finally die or I have some spare cash, I will be buying a Tritton headset for sure.

-Sincerely, A disgruntled Turtlebeach customer.

I have trittrons and beaches pre fare the tb's for overall use and they are comfy to wear but the bass on the trittrons is great for some games and movies etc and are quite clear but the mic is useless. I prefare wired headsets too but if you hate wires getting in the way avoid them.

is there any cons to having wireless over wired? im one of those guys who hates wires going everywhere

I find with wireless you can occasionally pick up interference

I've had x1's, x4's, and px5's (basically same thing except made for ps3, but work on the xbox 360). I love them.

x1's = sucks, ear phones not big enough and they are wired.
    x4's = good, round ear phones, didn't fit my ears well. Sound was good, transmitted through Infrared signal.
    px5's = best ones I have owned. 2.4GHz signal, fit ears perfect, voice morph.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast