Thread: Resident Evil 6 ~mini review~

Default Resident Evil 6 ~mini review~

Graphics~

To be honest Capcom have pulled out all the stops here,but......its also to the games detrement.
    Upon beginning leons story,especially in the first chapter,you wont really notice the gfx because your too busy trying to get into the atmosphere of the game.By the time you get to the sewers,you begin to appreciate the lighting effects and you'll wonder what your other favourite games could look like if they had the same level of attention.
    Upon exiting the sewers your greeted with a chaotic scene with people dieing,explosions,screams and pure chaos...THIS IS RESIDENT EVIL,and its a glimpse of what could be achieved if Capcom put the effort in.The graphics are stunning,chaotic and worthy of praise,if only the whole game were like that......
    Dips in frame rate dont do the game any favours,and coupled with weak controls....meh

Gameplay~

Where do you start? Yes this is an action game,you'll see loads of cutscenes that btw,look very cool.But they 'LOOK' cool.you cant interact....that is apart from the seemingly endless amount of QTE's you have to endure.Not good.
    Outside from all that,the camera is FAR too close to the character.Its literally right behind you,the resulting effect is your character takes up half the screen,and it also impedes your view,its very annoying and very uncomfortable.
    Gunplay is solid,especially if you switch to laser sighting,although some people may find the reticule more to their taste.
    Their is literally no puzzles to solve,apart from Ada's story which might halt you for a few minutes.This is one of the most dissapointing aspects of the game,as the game just amounts to shooting>progressing>shooting>progressing and not much else.

Sound~

A strong point of the game.If you have your xbox through yoour HIFI or through your headphones you wont be dissapointed.Sound FX are of the highest standard,voice acting is excellent,and even the music is very good.No complaints here.

Verdict~6/10 Aside from Leon and Ada's campaigns,and a few bosses inbetween,theres not much too keep you coming back.
    Very dissapointing,6/10 is being generous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante361 View Post
    I'm just gonna download it because it's free.

Default Re: Resident Evil 6 ~mini review~

everything but the camera and the 4 campaigns is pretty good graphics are good gameplay is good just wish there was a much longer campaign and a better storyline, they screwed up big time by adding 4 stories

the quick time events killed it for me

They should've left out Jake's campaign, ****ing horrible.

Xbox 360 Falcon Jtagged
    Xbox 360 Xenon Jtagged

NETLOAD IS SHI.TE!

I've played about 2 hrs so far, I'm not really liking it anymore
    REP is stupid, asking for it is even more stupiderer
    +REP If I helped, lolz

Stand up for your rights! No one else will!
    Don't forget to fight for your right to PARTY!!!!!!

My only problem is the camera angle apart from that everything is fine I disagree the part of OP said about multiple chapters.
    With this much of detail in the graphics I think capcom made a great decision to go with multiple story and characters and as result they didn't need to keep the story short or one sided also bc most of the sand box is the same as leons story they could re use most of the maps which saved alot of space if not used could need an extra disk(s). I give the game a solid 9/10

I'm sorry but the camera is exactly the same as both Resi 4 and 5, the controls feel almost identical to Resi 5, with a few added things like the slide etc.

The graphics are amazing, the voice acting is good, motion capture is great, and the story is solid if you're a Resident Evil fan.

It's a 20 hour or so single player experience, and doesn't stray too much from what was in Resident Evil 5 in terms of action.

Sure it's more action than any of us fans want to see in a Resident Evil game, but good god it's not even close to a 6/10 game..

So sick of these haters all over the net making up bs excuses as to why it's not a great game. Was the same camera an issue in Resi 5? No. How about the QTE's in Resi 4? No. Anybody who tells me it's not a grade A game, simply has no taste in games.

Maybe it's no 10/10 game, but I could easily give it an 8 or 9.

Really enjoyed Leons and Adas campaigns. They just should've made the game with these two and it would've been almost as good as RE 4 for me. However, the other 2 campaigns ruin the experience for me a bit. Especially Jakes campaign.

Xbox 360 Falcon Jtagged
    Xbox 360 Xenon Jtagged

NETLOAD IS SHI.TE!

I just finished Chris' campaign (I already beat Leon's and Jake's) and I literally laughed out loud when i saw that the achievement i unlocked for beating chris' campaign was "Duty Calls", as if enough people weren't *****ing that this game was just like call of duty now. That being said, I enjoyed everything so far, leon's campaign being my favorite, although I'm just slightly disappointed due to the fact that I was expecting each campaign to be vastly different from each other one, eg. Leon's is slow, scarce ammo, scary atmosphere (which is was for a good portion), chris's to be all out block buster action( which it definitely was lol) and jake's to be more run and gun, constantly fleeing from the ustanak. but meh, I enjoyed it, I still have ada's campaign to look forward to, and I love mercenaries.