Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 2 remake could happen

Default Re: Resident Evil 2 remake could happen

Instant way to make REmake 2 sell heaps? even if they make it like the newer Resident Evils, give us Resident Evil 1.5 with it if you pre-order & the game will sell by the boat load just for it.

Shut up and take my money!!!!

Give me nemesis.

Personally, I love Resident Evil 6 and have loved every entrance into the series. I loved them for different reasons but I love them, Nemesis is my favorite of the series, but that's based on memories. I wonder if we played 4-6 first and then they had 1-3 on current gen with everything the same except graphics would we really like it? Probably not, the controls were sh*t and so was the camera. Something can be scary without controlling like you just left the club on Friday night and had way to many. I'd like to see the same games with current controls and camera angles and I'd be in love. Same lack of ammo, same save system, save inventory system and I'd bite. No way I want to go back to not having a quick turn, which if we'd all take off our rose colored glasses, we'd remember that we complained about the controls with 1 & 2.

Now here come the "I loved them" and granted I didn't know any of you(probably) back in the day. However, I know A LOT of people that played those first 2 and I can't think of a single person who said, "Yeah the controls needed to be terrible for me to enjoy this! Keep it that way!" Not a one...

Quote Originally Posted by blackskillz
    they will make RE2 remake in a COD style.
    And what does this mean? I've seen this about a lot of games, Resident Evil in particular. Does it mean first person? Shooter crazy? What? The new RE hints more of Gears than anything else. I see that phrase so much, it's getting generic.

Quote Originally Posted by j1015 View Post
    And what does this mean? I've seen this about a lot of games, Resident Evil in particular. Does it mean first person? Shooter crazy? What? The new RE hints more of Gears than anything else. I see that phrase so much, it's getting generic.
    The reason you see it said so much, is because it came out of the developers own mouth. They are more interested in the call of duty crowd than they are about those that want a horror game.

The resident evil games should have evolved more in line with the way dead spaced played than gears or cod. Thats the shame of it. Resident evil could have carried its horror roots and still have been a relevant well received game on the back of what it is, instead of making money off the back of what it used to be.

RE6 is full of things that just dont work. This isnt 1996 and 3D games have been the norm for more than decade. There is no reason to have silly little design flaws like re6 has. If it wanted to be gears of war it should have built the game to play the same fluid way, but they didnt. The camera is awful! Being forced to look at random objects while trying to aim at enemies is one the the glaring camera problems. The fact its a shooter is negated by the fact it has very limited ammo. Survival horror or shooter, pick one!

I cant even be bothered playing jakes campaign as its so dull. The Chris campaign wasnt that great either. Only leons had a resident evil feel to it, although still suffered from everything thats wrong with this game.

I used to want capcom to remake re2 as it is my favourite entry in the series, but considering how inept capcom have become its a wish probably better left alone.

And this is from a resident evil fanboy since 96.

Resi 1 and 2 in one package with HD Textures on XBLA would be nice.
    "I'm afraid people these days treat consoles like cars and worry about whats under the bonnet rather than enjoying the drive"

This had better happen.

Quote Originally Posted by smithy024 View Post
    Resi 1 and 2 in one package with HD Textures on XBLA would be nice.
    nice? I think what you mean is 'so freaking epic i think my head would explode'

imo, resident evil 6 isn't bad, and after logging 30+ hours on it I can say mostly every complaint i've seen (in my opinion) is exaggerated. The camera really isn't that bad, yes that game has some of the most ridiculous actions sequences, but overally it's still a good, fun game with loads of content. I think capcom should be praised for the amount of effort the put in... and as for keeping it to it's roots; you have to realize, game companies make games to make money. If they didn't get paid, they wouldn't do it. this game would NOT have sold as much if they didn't try to broaden the scope. If it still had tank controls from the early resident evils, it would have also had to have the fixed camera angles and what not, and i honestly don't think it would have worked. Also, you can move and shoot in this one, which i guarantee led a lot more people to venture out and try it. I tried to get some of my friends to play resident evil 5, and they couldn't stand the controls for 5 minutes. Capcom made the game more accessible, but it's by no means a garbage game, 4.5/10, ect.
    i would love to see resident evil remade, same rooms and enemies and everything, but in 3d and a camera like resident evil 6, just with more restricted movement. I think a big part of the horror was in the fact that you didn't really have control over your legs lol

OH MY GOODNESS! I wish it was remade.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast