Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried learning a different language using rosetta stone?

Default Has anyone tried learning a different language using rosetta stone?

Has anyone tried learning a different language using rosetta stone? because im going to try to learn japanese but at the rate im going its going to take long lol definitly a hard language to learn haha. but if anyone has used it how long did it take you to get fluent in the language you learned?
    ( Click to show/hide )

Default Re: Has anyone tried learning a different language using rosetta stone?

well i learned french it wasnt that hard, it has pictures and what not. You should try it, its fun

lol don't believe in the ads. It will only help you communicate in a very basic way. you won't be fluent. I tried that program in english 4 years ago since I need to improve my speaking and listening. I was disappointed since it is way too easy and basic for me. it didn't help much

yeah i would assume something like spanish or something would be pretty easy i mean even i know spanish just from school so. well i guess this is two-sided right now :p thanks for the inputs guyz
    ( Click to show/hide )

I aint used it but my kid has been to learn german he seems to like it have no clue why he wants to learn german tho lol maybe its ramestein or whatever you call them.

Yea I tried to learn french and arabic. And you dont become fluent. But you learn the basic things

I have tried it but I have never committed. My dad is trying to learn Spanish at the moment (relearning as he claims he knew quite a bit as a kid). From what I see there are a lot of steps or whatever so with all that I would hope it's thorough. Japanese seems like it would be hard and I think it'd be hard either way (with or without RS). I am going to start a Chinese class next semester (in a week), and I might try to use RS with that.

even if it's like what people have mentioned above about you only learning the basics it's not so bad. It would open the door to possibly communicate with others who know the language to improve. But if you have nobody to practice with learning a language like that is kinda pointless.

I have thought about using Rosetta Stone. I am still undecided whether I will learn an instrument or a foreign language. I would love to learn French, but have thought it over and think the Cello would be more practical. Not speaking from experience, but I would say if you are not going to be around those who speak the language, and often (like every day), then it will be a complete waste of time. But, then again, it all depends on what you want to get out of it. I am a perfectionist (not saying that I am anything special, actually it is a curse) and I don't consider myself knowledgeable of something unless I have mastered it. So, in my case, I would have to live in France or at least Quebec for a few years to really learn the language or I would consider it a waste and a failure. Sorry to write so much with nothing really about Rosetta Stone.

Rosetta Stone just reminded me of Drake for some reason...

I tried learning Japanese from Rosetta before, unfortunately I can't be of much help since I gave up rather quickly, they get you to learn words & phrases by looking at pictures etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast