Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wasabi 360s/Questions/Info

Default Re: Wasabi 360s/Questions/Info

Quote Originally Posted by sycore View Post
    1.Does the wasabi only have a male esata connector coming out? Is it a Powered Esata port?
    2.If I buy a 2.5" portable esata HD instead of 3.5" in an enclosure, do I still need a separate power source to run the HD.
    3. I have a lot of usb portable HD around. Could I just get an adapter cable from esta to mini usb? Will that power it, because they have no external power source?
    4. Have they fixed the auto extracting keys to permanently save?

Keep us posted how your install goes, so I can see if there are any problems I should look out for.
    Once the key is extracted it's placed on the hard drive so no problems there.
    I'd go with a cradle instead of an enclosure that way you can easily swap any hard drives you already have lying around to use for this.

If you have usb hard drives lying around which you don't use you can just take the hard drive from the enclosure and use that.

I think you always need an external power source with esata but I'm not sure about this.

Yeah, I think I am going to go with one on those cheap cradles for now, but I might get this 1TB portable esata drive from amazon later. It can be powered through USB port, so I think I can just plug in the esata cable to the wasabi, and then plug in the usb port into the back of the Xbox to power it, so I will not need power cable. I have so many things plugged in my power strip I litterly can not fit one more. I wish they would have just used USB 3.0 port.

http://www.amazon.com/MiniPro-Extern...rd+drive+esata

Well i had some time today & got the Wasabi Installed everything couldn't of went better...Pretty straight forward installation & works great

No problems retrieving the Key & no issues with the key saving

I Appreciate everyone's comments...Helped Alot Thanks & if anyone needs any Help or has any Questions just Pm me & i will be glad to Help

I ended up going with a Rosewell 3.5" eSata/Usb External Hdd Enclosure & used a Wd 160gb Sata 3.5" Hdd that i had as a spare in my Pc & again no Issues at all

Good to hear all went well

Still waiting on my Wasabi from China. Got my esata cradle. Does the Wasabi come with an esata cable, or do I need to get one?

Yes...The Wasabi comes with an eSata Cable

Nevermind,

Well, I finally got around to installing the Wasabi and of course it doesn't work for me. Installation went ok, trying to load the 1.3 firmware and just get the blinking blue light.
    Maybe my hard drive got corrupt because I didn't eject, will try again or drop to the 1.2 firmware, but probably still won't work.

Ok, once I wiped the hard drive completely deleting the old mbr and reformated in NTFS, it seems to have worked. Now on to try and extract my keys and load a game.

I think the xkey is great , easy install & update the firmware , good firmware updates , games run like normal + loading times in games like skyrim run quicker and I havent had a single problem with it

'Intel i5 3570k 3.4GHz*-*8GB RAM*-*Radeon HD7870 2GB*-*MSI Z77A-G41*-*600w PSU'

Yeah, this thing is fighting my every step of the way, but I only have moderate modding skills.

I got it to take the 1.3 firmware, did the auto key extract, which said it was sucessuful, but there in no key in my folder now, loaded dvd menu, saw the iso and when i clicked to play Spec Ops got the disc is unreadable.

So now two steps forward, one step back. Going to try the key extraction again, and load some other isos. May take of DVD menu off for now and just use list.

Ugh, this thing is killing me. So I think the key extracted, I see the iso in the list, but they call them folders. So I pick an game. It says iso loaded, then I open tray/close tray and it says reading, but instead of starting game. It says mixed media.

Is anybody using firmware 1.3 successfully, or should i just try 1.2 instead?

Is the key.bin file supposed to show in your wasabi folder once it saves successfully or is that stored on the wasabi hardware?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast