Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940
Results 391 to 398 of 398

Thread: NBA Games Discussion Thread. Updated Daily 11/9 - 11/16

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread. Updated Daily 11/9 - 11/16

    Quote Originally Posted by outtamyway24 View Post
    Dwight Howard is greatly overrated. Ever since he made it to the Finals, he hasn't been the same player. That guy was a hard worker, someone that was motivated to get better at his craft and be the best. Since then he has become a prima-donna, forgot what it was that made him an elite player, and lived off of his reputation. His last year (probably even two years) in Orlando and last year in Los Angeles Dwight showed no interest in playing, no interest in winning, and no interest in caring about anyone but himself.

    As a Warriors fan I was absolutely disgusted at the thought we might have to deal with this Terrell Owens/Randy Moss clone in the Bay Area. They often say the best moves ever made are the ones never made. The Warriors did not need a selfish, offensively limited big man on the roster. Bogut is every bit as big as Howard, plus he plays absolutely unselfishly and they play about the same amount of games (I am aware Howard appeared in 76 compared to Bogut's 32, but considering Howard rarely put more than 50% effort in those games, it comes out to roughly even).

    Now the Lakers big man that I would LOVE to have on the Warriors is Pau Gasol. Talk about an unselfish big man that has a talented offensive game, both in the paint and in the mid-range game. His size and offensive strengths would greatly compliment the duo of Bogut and Lee (and the offensively challenged Ezeli when he returns).
    im more than certain Gasol is off the trade market..Lakers need him now more than ever..gonna be a rough season in LakerLand..I think they're gonna spend most of their time next season watching the Clippers..to some extent I dont blame Dwight leaving LA..until D'Antoni is fired/quits, Lakers wont win a championship period..or make the WCF for that matter

    You're totally right about Dwight ..until he learns how to post up and become a true big man, expect James Harden to carry most of the weight in Houston...hopefully Hakeem can keep teaching Dwight cause he's got a long way to go
    THE FUTURE
    IS HERE

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laughing, enjoying life. You?
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Power
    622

    Default Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread. Updated Daily 11/9 - 11/16

    Quote Originally Posted by outtamyway24 View Post
    Dwight Howard is greatly overrated. Ever since he made it to the Finals, he hasn't been the same player. That guy was a hard worker, someone that was motivated to get better at his craft and be the best. Since then he has become a prima-donna, forgot what it was that made him an elite player, and lived off of his reputation. His last year (probably even two years) in Orlando and last year in Los Angeles Dwight showed no interest in playing, no interest in winning, and no interest in caring about anyone but himself.

    As a Warriors fan I was absolutely disgusted at the thought we might have to deal with this Terrell Owens/Randy Moss clone in the Bay Area. They often say the best moves ever made are the ones never made. The Warriors did not need a selfish, offensively limited big man on the roster. Bogut is every bit as big as Howard, plus he plays absolutely unselfishly and they play about the same amount of games (I am aware Howard appeared in 76 compared to Bogut's 32, but considering Howard rarely put more than 50% effort in those games, it comes out to roughly even).

    Now the Lakers big man that I would LOVE to have on the Warriors is Pau Gasol. Talk about an unselfish big man that has a talented offensive game, both in the paint and in the mid-range game. His size and offensive strengths would greatly compliment the duo of Bogut and Lee (and the offensively challenged Ezeli when he returns).
    Stick to hockey dude. Dwight Howard played injured the last two years. Seriously hurt. On his own he rushed to play after back surgery last year and the year before, everyone was giving him flack only to find out he played the majority of season with a bad back in need of an operation.

    His only flaw imo is he's a people pleaser so he kept letting Orlando talk him into considering staying. Other than that he never waffled in LA. In fact he would have stayed if they had a coach that knew how to use him. This, despite Kobe being there because he loves LA, the city.

    Plus, I don't understand what fans want. Lebron didn't say what he wanted to do until the last minute and people vilified him. Carmelo told Denver he wouldn't resign and said you can trade me wherever you want so you get something for me, but I'm only going to resign with the Knicks and people hated on him. No wonder a 24-25 year old making a multimillion dollar life decision didn't know how to handle it. I'm not a fan of his, but I'm not going to hate and distort the past, which is easy to do. I'd be surprised if he didn't contend for a 'chip in Houston.

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread. Updated Daily 11/9 - 11/16

    Quote Originally Posted by j1015 View Post
    Stick to hockey dude. Dwight Howard played injured the last two years. Seriously hurt. On his own he rushed to play after back surgery last year and the year before, everyone was giving him flack only to find out he played the majority of season with a bad back in need of an operation.

    His only flaw imo is he's a people pleaser so he kept letting Orlando talk him into considering staying. Other than that he never waffled in LA. In fact he would have stayed if they had a coach that knew how to use him. This, despite Kobe being there because he loves LA, the city.

    Plus, I don't understand what fans want. Lebron didn't say what he wanted to do until the last minute and people vilified him. Carmelo told Denver he wouldn't resign and said you can trade me wherever you want so you get something for me, but I'm only going to resign with the Knicks and people hated on him. No wonder a 24-25 year old making a multimillion dollar life decision didn't know how to handle it. I'm not a fan of his, but I'm not going to hate and distort the past, which is easy to do. I'd be surprised if he didn't contend for a 'chip in Houston.
    I think the real problem with Lebron was the stupid TV show he made out of it. There was no need for a TV show. Even Cleveland will admit it, he played on a crappy team and they the Cavs should thank him for making the finals...its funny how Kobe complains when he played with Kwame and Smush Parker..ask Lebron who he played with..besides Mo Williams, Anderson Varejao back in 07, I don't remember anyone else (speaking as a Kobe fan, I know Mamba complains alot lol)

    The hate against Dwight is simple. He played with the people of Orlando. He decided to re-sign. Then he didn't want to re-sign. Change of heart again. Just flip-flopped back and forth over it.

    Even though Dwight was injured this year, dude still has alot to learn about the sport itself. I admit I'm no b-ball expert nor am I pro but if Dwight wants to take on the Shaq moniker dude should play well (if not better) than Shaq played..it's been 9 years and he still can't post up...Dwight won't admit it but the NBA world knows he wanted to be next in line behind Shaq.

    If he's really serious and dedicated as he says is, I wanna see Dwight the monster. Get that goofy *** smile off your face and play some serious big man ball..Learn from McHale and the Dream and become Houston's next dominant big man-like Lebron, earn that ring and silence the haters...go hard with no excuses...
    THE FUTURE
    IS HERE

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laughing, enjoying life. You?
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Power
    622

    Default Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread. Updated Daily 11/9 - 11/16

    Quote Originally Posted by kenvin100 View Post
    I think the real problem with Lebron was the stupid TV show he made out of it. There was no need for a TV show. Even Cleveland will admit it, he played on a crappy team and they the Cavs should thank him for making the finals...its funny how Kobe complains when he played with Kwame and Smush Parker..ask Lebron who he played with..besides Mo Williams, Anderson Varejao back in 07, I don't remember anyone else (speaking as a Kobe fan, I know Mamba complains alot lol)

    The hate against Dwight is simple. He played with the people of Orlando. He decided to re-sign. Then he didn't want to re-sign. Change of heart again. Just flip-flopped back and forth over it.

    Even though Dwight was injured this year, dude still has alot to learn about the sport itself. I admit I'm no b-ball expert nor am I pro but if Dwight wants to take on the Shaq moniker dude should play well (if not better) than Shaq played..it's been 9 years and he still can't post up...Dwight won't admit it but the NBA world knows he wanted to be next in line behind Shaq.

    If he's really serious and dedicated as he says is, I wanna see Dwight the monster. Get that goofy *** smile off your face and play some serious big man ball..Learn from McHale and the Dream and become Houston's next dominant big man-like Lebron, earn that ring and silence the haters...go hard with no excuses...
    First, you make some excellent points, especially in your last paragraph so, ya know, rep en route.

    However, unless I'm mistaken, he never personally said what he wanted to do in Orlando. And it was probably a tough decision. The team drafted him, they went to the finals, but Orlando wasn't doing what they said they'd do. Easy decision? Nope. So he did what a man should do and fulfilled his entire contract and we killed him for it just because he changed his mind. He gave the team that drafted him one more year instead of going to Brooklyn where he knew talent would be around him. What did they do? Refuse to spend any money. Everybody gets after the player but what about the team, controlled by a billion dollar owner, who didn't get anyone around Dwight? Like I said, we're talking about a 24/25 year old making a multimillion dollar life decision. But teams try to strong arm them as much as possible and turn the public against them.

    Could Dwight have handled Orlando better? Probably, but I think people make way too much about it. Where we agree is what he needs to do in Houston. He has the opportunity to learn from two Hall of Fame big men and show his true metal. But everyone acts like his game hasn't progressed or that he didn't seek help from legends. He worked with Ewing and already consulted The Dream while he was in Orlando. He should probably be further along, namely a post game, but after getting the jump hook and running hook he was averaging 22 and 13, went to the Finals and was two time defensive player of the year. All this continued until he got hurt. If that was you, would you be so willing to change?

    And when has he had time to improve? After his best season, he got back surgery in the offseason and if he didn't, he would have been in London. This year, for all we know, he's already started working with someone and that's after already spending most of the time since the end of the season focusing on what he was supposed to be doing, making a colossal decision about his future. As fans, we judge too fast and too harshly and that's motivated, in part, by a media that has nothing better to do because the only they can legitimately talk right now about are baseball games that don't matter For these guys, this is first and foremost, a job, and they have families to take care of and making money in a limited time that has to last at least one generation.

    In my opinion, for a 27 year old guy who is in his prime and with his level of freak athleticism, will likely be for the next 5-8 years at least, he took his time and played it right. Made the money decision that also has him in the best place to win a 'chip. All he has to do is when one and all of this is validated and forgotten. Win two? He's a legend. Three and he'll be remembered as a god who made shrewd life decisions as a young man

    Two interesting side points: First, Dwight actually did admit he chose the Superman moniker out of respect for Shaq. Shaq is an insecure a$$***** that couldn't handle it, but we love the Big Aristotle anyway. (That big and talented and that insecure )

    Second, because of that ridiculous state sales tax in CA(14%!!!!) and because Texas has no state, Dwight will actually make 2.9 million more because he chose Houston. Although, he should've taken the 3 year deal, then re-upped with Houston for a max deal with that massive last year.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    MI, USA
    Posts
    4,728
    Rep Power
    252

    Default Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread. Updated Daily 11/9 - 11/16

    Greg Oden to the Heat! I smell a 3peat

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread. Updated Daily 11/9 - 11/16

    Quote Originally Posted by mohamadkobeissi View Post
    Greg Oden to the Heat! I smell a 3peat
    I doubt he'll be the "key" to the 3-peat. The weight is still on LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. Name in bold carries the excess weight LOL

    Detroit got interesting with Brandon Jennings. I actually wanted Artest to be apart of the Pistons, then he could really be a goon there..Bad-Boy Pistons-The Sequel lol..then again, in today's NBA, you get ejected for laughing. (just ask Tim Duncan)

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Laughing, enjoying life. You?
    Posts
    2,162
    Rep Power
    622

    Default Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread. Updated Daily 11/9 - 11/16

    Quote Originally Posted by mohamadkobeissi View Post
    Greg Oden to the Heat! I smell a 3peat
    So he did chose the Heat? Good for both parties, but you better watch out for my boys, Indiana. The added some serious second team height and scoring. Chicago is going to be tough too. Can't wait for the season to start. Top of the east is going to be hard to deal with.

    I hope my Pacers bring home the chip and that have a great chance, but if the Heat win I won't be mad. Been my second team since the battles with the Knicks and Zo was one hell of an enforcer. One of my favorite players of all time(Imagine if that Hornets team had stayed together, whoo!) Plus, I've been a big fan of Ray, Lebron, Dwade and Bosh since they entered the league. Battier too.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    574
    Rep Power
    92

    Default Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread. Updated Daily 11/9 - 11/16

    this was pretty funny..see how many steps D-Wade travels:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcvlEeCbkKE

    not 1 not 2 LOL
    THE FUTURE
    IS HERE

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Please contact us for your DMCA OR Abuse Requests via
dmca@xbox360iso.com
Xbox360ISO website is not endorsed by or affiliated with Xbox and/or Microsoft Corporation.
eXTReMe Tracker