Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: [Tutorial] RGH 2.0

Default [Tutorial] RGH 2.0

This tutorial will NOT get your console on dash 2.0.15572.0 to glitch. If you updated your PHAT console to 15572 RGH 2.0 will not glitch your console. M$ updated the CBs to 15572 and added another RC4 code. So, at this moment, phat consoles on dash 15572-15574 are NOT glitchable.

Some Jasper BB consoles will boot a hacked image. Some don't. So your chances are 50/50. However, i haven't heard of a console that won't boot Xell. So you should be fine if it doesn't boot a hacked dash.

Before we begin, there are some things you need.

Hardware:

-NAND-X or another way to read/write your NAND like a LPT cable. There are several other USB programmers out there as well. Like the new J-R Programmer. It's as fast as the NAND-X and only $25 US dollars. In this tutorial, i'll be using the NAND-X.

-Glitch Chip (A Matrix is recommended. A, B or C, Coolrunners will still work though) or a Squirt. Alot of members are having a higher success rate and better boot times with the Matrix. Nothing has been reported about the Coolrunner REV. C's boot times. In this tutorial i will be using the Coolrunner (I will update it on how to use a Matrix soon!)

-A way to program your Coolrunner/Matrix/Squirt (Nand-X to Coolrunner cable is your best bet for Coolrunners) You can also use an LPT cable. In this tutorial, I'll be using the Coolrunner to NAND-X cable.

-10 ohm resistor if you are using a REV. A or B version of the Coolrunner. If you have a REV. C version of the Coolrunner the resistor is not needed.(Some said they didn't need the resistor, but out of my experience it improved boot times.)

Software needed can be downloaded HERE --Updating--

Install the NAND-X Drivers:
    ( Click to show/hide )
    They can be downloaded HERE if you don't already have them.

Step one: Plug your NAND-X into the computer.

Step two: Go to the Control Panel and open up Device Manager.

Step three: Find Other Devices and expand that tree. Find the device labeled Memory Access

Step four: Right click the device labeled Memory Access and click Update Driver Software

Step five: A window will pop up and hit Browse My Computer For Driver Software.

Step six: Point the program to the directory where you have downloaded and extracted the driver and click Next.

Step seven: Let it do it's thing. A dialog will pop up saying the drivers aren't signed. Just click install anyways. Let it continue doing it's thing.

Step eight: A window will pop up saying Windows has successfully updated your driver software. That's it. Your NAND-X is ready for work!

Dump Your NAND:
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Step one: Wire up the NAND-X cable.
    There are three ways to do this.

Pin header- Recommended for people like me who are always playing with their NAND.
    QSB- (Quick Solder Boards) Recommended for people who like a nice clean look and an easy NAND hookup in the future.
    Wire- For either a one time install or an easier install. (shown in the image below)
    ( Click to show/hide )

Step two: Plug your console in but don't turn it on. Open J-Runner and click Read NAND. Let it finish dumping your NAND. By default, it will make two dumps. However, if you want more than one dump, you can change the No. of Reads option under the Read NAND button. I personally leave it at two. It is a MUST to dump at least two. No exceptions.

Step three: When it is finished it will compare the NANDs to make sure they are the same. If they aren't, check your NAND-X wires and double check the soldering.

Step four: If you have any bad blocks, make sure you note that. You can check for bad blocks by clicking the Bad Blocks tab on the window on the right, then click Check for bad blocks. Once again, if you have bad blocks, note that.

Step five: If you have two matching NAND dumps and you have checked for bad blocks, continue to the next step, Creating A Xell Image.

Flash your Coolrunner:
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Step one: Plug your Coolrunner to NAND-X cable into your Coolrunner or your LPT cable if you are using one. The smooth part of the NAND-X to Coolrunner cable should be face up. The red wire should be on VCC, the green wire on TMS.

Step two: Plug the Coolrunner to NAND-X cable into the NAND-X. The red wire should be facing the USB connection. The black should be facing towards the NAND wire hookup.

Step three: Plug your NAND-X into the computer and start up J-Runner.

Step four: When J-Runner opens up, click Flash Coolrunner.

Step five: A dialog will open up and ask you to select your console type. You will notice that the left side is grayed out. That is used for RGH 1.0. We are doing 2.0. So you can select A, B, C, or D. These are the timing files. Not Coolrunner reversions. The makers of these files brag that they are for all motherboard versions. Once you get your Coolrunner installed and booting a hacked dash, you can go through this list and pick the one that boots your console the fastest.

Step six: Once you selected the file you are going to use, click OK. Let it do it's thing and wait for it to say successful.

Step Seven: Unplug your NAND-X and the NAND-X to Coolrunner cable.

Wire up the Coolrunner:
    ( Click to show/hide )
    REV A and B:
    ( Click to show/hide )
    If you have a Rev. A or B Coolrunner, do as this image suggests. Remove the C15 CAP, and add a 10 ohm resistor to the "D" point like this, Coolrunner's D point, resistor, cable, CPU_RST point on the motherboard. Then just follow the instructions in the second image excluding the extra steps for the Coolrunner Rev. C (Closing or opening bridges. That is only needed for Rev. C Coolrunners.)

REV C:
    ( Click to show/hide )

Create a Xell Image, flash it and get your CPU Key:
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Step one: Once you have two matching NAND dumps, click create ECC. Let it do it's thing.

Step two: When you have the ECC image created, click Write ECC. Wait for it to finish and then unplug your console and leave it sit for about 30-40 seconds. Unplug your NAND-X from your console and computer as well.

Step three: Plug your console up to the T.V and boot it up with the Eject button.

Step four: Once it boots into Xell, get ready to take a picture of your Fuses. When the Fuse line comes up, take a picture. Now power down your console and bring it back to your PC.

Step five: Combine lines 3 and 5 together. That is your CPU Key.

Step six: Type the CPU Key you just received from Xell into the box labeled CPU Key on J-Runner. In a moment, it will tell you if it is correct or not.

Step seven: Now that you have your CPU Key, get ready to build a hacked NAND image.

Create a hacked NAND image and flash it:
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Step one: On the right side of the program, make sure these options are selected/unselected:

Dash Version: 15574
    Make sure the Glitch bubble is selected.
    On the drop down menu, select RGH2 if it isn't already.
    If you don't know what to do with the Dash Launch ini, uncheck the Dash Launch Patches box.
    Make sure the Use Edited Settings box is unchecked under the Advanced XeBuild Options.

Step two: If the above items are selected/unselected click Create Image. Let it do it's thing.

Step three: Click Write Image if you didn't have bad blocks.

Step four: When it says it's finished writing the NAND image, unplug your NAND-X from your computer and console. Then unplug your console and leave it unplugged for about a minute. Plug it up to your T.V and enjoy!

Step five: Learn the ways of a pirate.

If you had bad blocks:
    ( Click to show/hide )

Download THIS.

Step one: Extract the just downloaded file.

Step two: Put it in the root of a USB drive (leave the name as Xenon.elf)

Step three: Put the created image in the root of the USB drive with the downloaded file (If it's not already, name it "updflash.bin". No quotes.).

Step four: Plug the USB drive into your console.

Step Five: Boot your console up with the Eject button. This will boot Xell, the file you downloaded and placed on your USB drive was a Xell program to remap your bad blocks. It also writes the created image for you as well.

Step Six: Shut down your console when it says shut down now. Unplug it for about a minute. Then plug it back in and enjoy!

Step Seven: Learn the ways of a pirate.

Troubleshooting

( Click to show/hide )
    RROD with secondary error 0022
    ( Click to show/hide )
    This is an SMC/LDV error. Open the options.ini located in Step Three/mydata and change the "patchsmc" from false to true and rebuild your image and flash your NAND. If that didn't work, leave the "patchsmc" value set to true but change "cfldv" to the amount of "f"s you had on fuseset lines 7 and down. Ex. 9 "f"s would be cfldv = 9. Build your image and flash your NAND. If that don't work, wait until the OFFICIAL release of RGH 2.0.

Coolrunner has no LEDs showing up
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Make sure the white switch labeled "NOR" and "PGM" is set to the NOR position. If it is, and you still have no LEDs, check your soldering. Make sure you have the Ground wire (black) soldered from the Coolrunner to the AV port. Make sure you have the power (red wire, labeled 3.3 on the Coolrunner) hooked up to the right point. Still no power? Contact Team Xecuter.

Coolrunner's power LED (Red LED) is lit up but when the console is on, there is no flashing debug light (green)
    ( Click to show/hide )
    Check every one of your soldering connections. Make sure it is only touching what it is suppose to and nothing else. Ensure it is a good connection, and make sure everything is connected to where it is suppose to be. Also, try re-flashing your Coolrunner.

Default Re: [Tutorial] RGH 2.0

So, this rgh 2.0 can be done without xecuter demon isn't?. . . Sorry, this is first time to make rgh to my console, and my kernel is 14179. .

Quote Originally Posted by emmett syah View Post
    So, this rgh 2.0 can be done without xecuter demon isn't?. . . Sorry, this is first time to make rgh to my console, and my kernel is 14179. .
    Yeah, you can do it without the DemoN. You do have to have the normal hardware you would have needed for RGH 1 though. (Coolrunner, a way to read your NAND and a way to program your Coolrunner).

Do i need nand x to read my nand?

Do i need the 50ohm cable installed to the cpu_rst?
    Ive seen a few boxs with this.

Why is your sig modding tutorials saying that? i dont get it :O
    i just read your whole fight lol, but i was sub'd to him when his youtube was big
    he wasnt lying about all of his specs on his channel
    Quote Originally Posted by holosmash View Post
    i was wondering if you could jtag your xbox360 with a usb?
    REP is stupid, asking for it is even more stupiderer
    +REP If I helped ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SinOfSniper View Post
    Do i need the 50ohm cable installed to the cpu_rst?
    Ive seen a few boxs with this.

Why is your sig modding tutorials saying that? i dont get it :O
    i just read your whole fight lol, but i was sub'd to him when his youtube was big
    he wasnt lying about all of his specs on his channel
    You don't NEED it. I don't use them, and all the slims and phats i do are pretty much instant boots. It is used more for the first time installer or the people with the problematic Jaspers or slims that don't want to boot. If you have any cable wire laying around, that is all it is. Just cut you a piece off and put some electrical tape around the metal that is frayed out.

I don't know if he was legit or not, but that kid was a ******. I seen his channel long before it was closed and they were all stolen videos. All he did was re do them to add his name. I didn't like him then, i don't like him now. xD

Quote Originally Posted by emmett syah View Post
    Do i need nand x to read my nand?
    You don't NEED one, but it is easier and 10 times faster than the LPT cable. If you don't want the hassle of having to make the LPT cable, i recommend the NAND-X for first time installers and pros.

beautiful tut ,,,,

add +++ rep

thanks man

Nightdex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BMTHstanton1990 View Post
    You don't NEED it. I don't use them, and all the slims and phats i do are pretty much instant boots.
    Hey man, Just out of curiosity.. What method of wiring and routing do you use to get insta boots?.

Quote Originally Posted by nightdex21 View Post
    Hey man, Just out of curiosity.. What method of wiring and routing do you use to get insta boots?.
    It depends. Not all consoles are the same. You just gotta play with the wires. Some consoles won't boot very fast with the wires next to the coils on the underside of the board, some boot faster next to them (my Jasper). They are just weird. xD If you have free time one day, just tinker with the wire positions. Plus, i don't use TX'S wire. I use 28 gauge solid core heavy insulated wire. I'm not afraid to use the hot glue either. If it gets a better boot time, cover the wire in hot glue!

Quote Originally Posted by alimazhar View Post
    beautiful tut ,,,,

add +++ rep

thanks man
    It's not a problem. I see you fixed your thread. Thanks! That is all i ask. +REP for being a good sport! Some of the credit goes to the dude mentioned too, i used some of his tut.

Thanks +rep very helpful

Sig:Miguelvr6

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast