Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boot your RGH Xbox 360 console faster...

Default Re: Boot your RGH Xbox 360 console faster...

Quote Originally Posted by melankolis View Post
    I have tried before i read this thread, and i don't think it helps.

Mine is strange, it's booting fast (within 5 secs-probability 85%, within 10 secs 10%, within 30 secs 5%) if played everyday.

But when i don't play it for a while it's suddenly booting very slowly (30 seconds maybe more, often i have to reboot it).....then the more frequent i play, the booting time going back to normal aka fast.

Oh, let me tell you that the RGH Technician almost gave up on my Jasper that it wouldn't reboot at all at the beginning...

Can someone explain?
    When not played, did you left your consoles in StandBy Mode or plug off the Adaptor.
    Mine, sometimes like that. But when i left my Consoles In Standby Mode.
    Sorry for my Bad English.
    I'm Indonesian.

Quote Originally Posted by djonx View Post
    When not played, did you left your consoles in StandBy Mode or plug off the Adaptor.
    Mine, sometimes like that. But when i left my Consoles In Standby Mode.
    Sorry for my Bad English.
    I'm Indonesian.
    I always unplug the adaptor.
    Ow yes, I'm Indonesian too, currently member of vgi, kaskus, and indowebster....hahaha...

Mine is strange, it's booting fast (within 5 secs-probability 85%, within 10 secs 10%, within 30 secs 5%) if played everyday.

But when i don't play it for a while it's suddenly booting very slowly (30 seconds maybe more, often i have to reboot it).....then the more frequent i play, the booting time going back to normal aka fast.

Oh, let me tell you that the RGH Technician almost gave up on my Jasper that it wouldn't reboot at all at the beginning...

Can someone explain?
    I'm not an expert on CPU Dynamics but I believe its because of the tempeture increasing/dreasing the clock rate. As the chip can't compensate for this, it uses an average value.

I think this is psychosomatic... I tried it a bit and it seemed to make a difference... but there's no honest way to know. The same RGH seems to work just as fine if you don't hold the button down on a wired controller, or the console power button.

From a technical point of view, I honestly don't think it's changing anything either. It's an on/off switch, and after you hit it once and let it go it becomes a 'soft off' if you tap it, or if you hold it for 4 seconds, it becomes a 'hard off' switch. If you hold it at boot up... I doubt it's even holding down it's single pulse 'on' signal anymore. The same for the orb on the controllers.

A thousand pairs of eyes pierce the mist,
    glaring despondently back at you...

Can someone explain?
    Haha I had the exact same problem with my rgh jasper (see jtag help) - It was booting instant when warmed up but had cold boot problem when the console wouldnt boot at all from cold start (when turned off for 5 hours+). I had to leave it running for 5+ seconds then power cycle and then it booted all day long. I resolved this by unplugging the dvd drive. I think internal hdd + hdd usb + dvd drive was too much of power draw for glitch to happen. Today it booted in first start in 5 seconds after 10 hours being turned off - dvd drive unplugged but usb hdd and internal connected. Im yet to test it more but after I disconnected dvd it was the first time it booted from cold at first shot. Try this.

i used to do it with my retail console to reset display setting

ive done over 100 rgh since release and i can honestly say that no two xbox boot the same i have 3 trinity myself and everyone boots diffrent times ive played with wire lengh, alt points, qsb and wiring routes and now can now get almost all diffrent boards with exception to xenon to boot withn 5-10 sec off cold boot sometimes instant once warmed up wire lenght and routing of wires is how u get quick boot

Thx everyone for testing this.
    I think this trick only working if you have boot problem with your RGH (long boot time).
    If you want fast boot time try adding capacitor to the glitcher chip. It works for mine.

Boobooman .... what you said is true.... if power cable is disconnected ..... it tends to boot faster after reconnecting

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123