Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677

Thread: [Updated][Tutorial] A practical way to fully burn XGD3 on a 15-cent-priced DVD+R DL

Default Re: [Updated][Tutorial] A practical way to fully burn XGD3 on a 15-cent-priced DVD+R

Nevermind my problem... i guess... I just tried to burn Max Payne 3 and Black Ops 2 in truncate and it worked.
    Already won Black ops 2 and i'm on disc 2 of max payne
    I really didn't had a lot of expectations, i just tought it would result on coasters again but it actually worked fine, in Max Payne 3 perfectly! no "failed authenticating disc" or anything like that, In CoD BO2 i get the occasional "failed to authenticate" or "dirty disc" (i think it's because the DVD has a tiny black spot on it, faulty media, it came like that when i bought it and didn't realize), but no biggie, i finished the game with no problems.
    Great game by the way BO2

Default Re: [Updated][Tutorial] A practical way to fully burn XGD3 on a 15-cent-priced DVD+R

Quote Originally Posted by 1barbo View Post
    Nevermind my problem... i guess... I just tried to burn Max Payne 3 and Black Ops 2 in truncate and it worked.
    Already won Black ops 2 and i'm on disc 2 of max payne
    I really didn't had a lot of expectations, i just tought it would result on coasters again but it actually worked fine, in Max Payne 3 perfectly! no "failed authenticating disc" or anything like that, In CoD BO2 i get the occasional "failed to authenticate" or "dirty disc" (i think it's because the DVD has a tiny black spot on it, faulty media, it came like that when i bought it and didn't realize), but no biggie, i finished the game with no problems.
    Great game by the way BO2
    To avoid getting the unauthorised message play an mp3 on the xbox before starting the game. If you've got the game installed you'll notice that the dvd drive stops seeking after about 10 seconds. Once you know it's stopped then you can stop the mp3 if you want game music. Be careful on games like Black Ops II because changing from the main menu to multiplayer or campaign causes it to start seeking again but it stops as soon as you start the campaign or a multiplayer game.

I've been using truncates online for a year using the mp3 trick and check for a ban flag every couple of days. No changes yet.

EDIT: A year and a half after writing this I'm still not banned and have been writing truncates on 31p a time AOne discs and using them online ever since. Still have to use the MP3 trick offline or online but even if I forget all that happens is that you get thrown back to the dashboard after the popup from hell.
    Last edited by Drakla; 25th November 2015 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Just checking in

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677