Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: File Importing

Default Re: File Importing

I don't want someone to copy my thread by importing all my links in to their account and creating a replica of my thread, I have spent hours building my thread why should someone be able to copy it in minutes.
    I think if someone wants to import your password protected links they should have to ask permission first.
    SUPPORT ME BY BUYING PREMIUM THROUGH THIS THIS BANNER >>

Quote Originally Posted by Hunslayer View Post
    I HAVE A FEW POINTS TO MAKE

Q1. Is this a file sharing forum?

Do you really think the people that's downloading these file care where they originally came from or who uploaded them or stole them, the answer to that is No, that's why you have a thriving community here, because if they cant get what they want from one source, then they will gladly grab it from wherever they can, even if that means them going to another forum.

Q2. Where did the xbox360iso uploader get the movie - game from in the first place?

he or she downloaded it from someone else and then re-uploaded it, and now claims it's there's (lol) I upload lots of stuff on here and I don't care what people do with my uploads, they can import my links and pass them off as theirs on this forum or any other forum, isn't that why you became an uploader in the first place to share files to other people.

Q3.Why remove the imported links?

If say for example the uploaders links go down, then the person that's posted the stolen imported links from the uploader, will still have live links, isn't that just like having a backup for people from xbox360iso to download from?

Q4. Why did you become an uploader?

No disrespect to any uploaders on here or any other forum, I know you give up a lot of your time doing what you do, butt lets be honest, you upload a game and post the download links on the internet, doesn't that mean you have just made them public, meaning they no longer belong to you, so to then moan about people stealing your links that you made public. is kind of defeating the purpose why you posted the links at all.
    I agree to this 100% the Rules like these are just stupid.

I think the people that have a problem with this are the people importing other peoples links, you haven't always been able to import links with megaupload and people still managed.
    SUPPORT ME BY BUYING PREMIUM THROUGH THIS THIS BANNER >>

Djscott Guest

as i have said......
    what did you guys all used to do before the import link button was there?
    before: you had to download the link before you could upload it to a hosting site to get a different link you could use
    now: you just click a button..... no effort and on time to do

i also think some of the ppl that have a problem with this rule are the greedy ppl that dont care where the link comes from or how much time and effort is put into getting it here as long as they get free stuff

Quote Originally Posted by djscott1979 View Post
    i also think some of the ppl that have a problem with this rule are the greedy ppl that dont care where the link comes from or how much time and effort is put into getting it here as long as they get free stuff
    BINGO.
    I was in a post they other day it had like 400 views and no thanks how many of those people care where the content came from None?

I care that our community up loaders are respected for their work. The comments about leechers not caring about where content comes from is true and will never change and I never intend to fix this. However, the majority of our true up loaders make this community what it is and we will not see this undermined. If they stop uploading, everyone suffers and if the 0 post leechers go elsewhere, so be it, this will be never change either.
    So the balanced is that blatantly imported threads of our uploaders work, will have their threads removed, end of. No further debate needed.

''Super_Uploader''

was asking me the other day to do this with mine

Quote Originally Posted by Hunslayer View Post
    I HAVE A FEW POINTS TO MAKE

Q1. Is this a file sharing forum?

Do you really think the people that's downloading these file care where they originally came from or who uploaded them or stole them, the answer to that is No, that's why you have a thriving community here, because if they cant get what they want from one source, then they will gladly grab it from wherever they can, even if that means them going to another forum.

Q2. Where did the xbox360iso uploader get the movie - game from in the first place?

he or she downloaded it from someone else and then re-uploaded it, and now claims it's there's (lol) I upload lots of stuff on here and I don't care what people do with my uploads, they can import my links and pass them off as theirs on this forum or any other forum, isn't that why you became an uploader in the first place to share files to other people.

Q3.Why remove the imported links?

If say for example the uploaders links go down, then the person that's posted the stolen imported links from the uploader, will still have live links, isn't that just like having a backup for people from xbox360iso to download from?

Q4. Why did you become an uploader?

No disrespect to any uploaders on here or any other forum, I know you give up a lot of your time doing what you do, butt lets be honest, you upload a game and post the download links on the internet, doesn't that mean you have just made them public, meaning they no longer belong to you, so to then moan about people stealing your links that you made public. is kind of defeating the purpose why you posted the links at all.
    I completely agree to this and what basejumper said. When u post the links to public, u never know, what can happen to it. Lol, imo, i dont give a sh!t if anyone reshares or pastes my link. i just consider that the content is available to everyone and ppl are happy. Its all about sharing. And ofcourse no body wants to know where it came from and how hard u worked behind and all those crap (no offense). If its free, its for everyone. Accept it

Quote Originally Posted by Basejumper View Post
    So the balance is that blatantly imported threads of our uploaders work, will have their threads removed, end of. No further debate needed.
    Since the rule doesn't state that, myself and FastLane take the stance of single threads for single games is ok.

Djscott Guest

whats this got to do with "single threads for single games"?

as far as i understand it...
    if you import a link and use it on this site without the uploaders permission then it can be taken down unless its on a different file host (to give more options to the users of this site) and you have been given credit then it is ok to use

can i also point out a post fastlane made.....
    This is how you get a sticky. Not in any order but this is what we look for.

1. Content
    Content must be on topic, and original.
    i know its about how to get a sticky but the word original is there and should apply to other posts

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast