Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: think im gonna get sacked, any advice

Default think im gonna get sacked, any advice

Well i think im gonna be sacked soon from my job. Im a delivery assistant and we never seem to hit sat times altho were constantly knocking our pan in.

we work hard take less breaks than we should but it dosent seem to want to happen. So now they has said its basicly us, im being sent off to another store monday for a week to see if i can hit sats at another store.

Which i will. We get massive deliveries. Like 20+ cages. This store gets like 4.

So yeah, its gonna be faster so yeah im a hit sat times. I wont be in all day, i wont be nackered, i wont need a break, and most of all the store has 20 bays, We have 71 !!!

Sat time is time its ment to be to put away a delivery. So ive been given 2 writen warnings and ill be getting disiplined next week if my week at a new store is bad.

Im sick of going to work getting paid minimum wage getting thretened and warned every day and we work harder than most people there, and constantly nackered for it.

I cant even enjoy my lunch breaks or days off. Lunch break the stock manager comes in and is like you have till 4 to get this done (which is never gonna happen) then mumbles and repeats himself like 50 times whilst im trying to eat.

And on my weekend off i get a phone call telling me ive to go to a new store next week heres the number phone them.

Its beond a damb joke. I have searched for a new job but hit brick walls. Took me 6 months to get this one. I have a house to pay, electric gas, u all know the drill.

Advice would be great about now, cause i dont think i could be more depressed if i tried

Default Re: think im gonna get sacked, any advice

haha i can tell your british, in america we say fired.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by morcol1904 View Post
    Well i think im gonna be sacked soon from my job. Im a delivery assistant and we never seem to hit sat times altho were constantly knocking our pan in.

we work hard take less breaks than we should but it dosent seem to want to happen. So now they has said its basicly us, im being sent off to another store monday for a week to see if i can hit sats at another store.

Which i will. We get massive deliveries. Like 20+ cages. This store gets like 4.

So yeah, its gonna be faster so yeah im a hit sat times. I wont be in all day, i wont be nackered, i wont need a break, and most of all the store has 20 bays, We have 71 !!!

Sat time is time its ment to be to put away a delivery. So ive been given 2 writen warnings and ill be getting disiplined next week if my week at a new store is bad.

Im sick of going to work getting paid minimum wage getting thretened and warned every day and we work harder than most people there, and constantly nackered for it.

I cant even enjoy my lunch breaks or days off. Lunch break the stock manager comes in and is like you have till 4 to get this done (which is never gonna happen) then mumbles and repeats himself like 50 times whilst im trying to eat.

And on my weekend off i get a phone call telling me ive to go to a new store next week heres the number phone them.

Its beond a damb joke. I have searched for a new job but hit brick walls. Took me 6 months to get this one. I have a house to pay, electric gas, u all know the drill.

Advice would be great about now, cause i dont think i could be more depressed if i tried
    I got sacked last week as well....
    Well in fairness, I was a sh1ttty waiter!

8 euro an hour in tips, plus minimum wage of 8.65 was nice though.....it now looks like I will have to say goodbye to buying a Vita!
    Dammit I want my 'ol job back!

lucky u i get £5.90 and hour mate. Its crappy

by sacked I thought you meant someone was gonna hit you in the balls when you're not expecting it lol

^ this

I can't understand why you would want to work harder than everyone else at a job you hate. But when I think about it, I BUST MY *** TO THE BONE at every single job I do regardless of how I like it or how much I like my boss.

As for the stock manager bothering you at lunch, there is only one way to handle that problem: You need to politely tell him to **** off and if he doesn't get the hint, then you need to rudely tell him to leave you to your break.

As for weekend calls, that really is a trivial thing to get annoyed at. Be happy you have a job. This one I can't understand. If it's your job and it pays your bills and helps you to stay alive then it's your life, and if it's your life then you should take it serious, and yes that means the weekends and days off too.

I recommend getting prepared to quit and then quit. Don't just tell your boss to **** off but make sure you get some money saved for the transition between jobs, make sure you get another job lined up, and make sure you give your boss a respectable two week notice that you intend to resign. You don't want to burn a bridge that could be a possible good reference. I think you would benefit alot from reading all the stuff at the illuminated mind website. It's basically devoted to helping people like yourself free yourself from corporate slavery. Yes I said slavery and yes I mean that literally.

lucky u i get £5.90 and hour mate. Its crappy
    Here in the USA, waiters only get a measly $2.65 per hour + tips and lemme tell ya, Americans sure can be some stingy mofo's! Sure there are big tippers but majority are stingy. You have to be a waiter in a densely populated area, that is known for being an area full of rich people. Then you can make a decent living off serving food.

Sig pic exceeds 300px height limit so it's been removed.
    -kirkyeehee

i thought the title meant he was gonna get sacked in the nuts

Living a few years of your life like most people wonít, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people canít.

ask your manager if a time motion study has been done for the average worker to complete a cage. if he's just pulling unreasonable times from thin air he's an idiot. is it just you getting the warnings or other people on the floor / team, if it's just you make a record and either report him to HR or the the industrial tribunal. it sounds like it's just bad leadership by a person who as not worked his way up the ladder and does not know what it's like to work on the floor. you could also report to your line manager (supervisor) that the times given to complete the work is unreasonable and needs looking into................................sudeki300

Wear a cup, bro.

But on a serious note, I suggest you keep looking for a new job. No point in continuing doing something you despise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast