Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TUT How to convert Orig Xbox .iso games to play on X360 w/ pics_by_Dzeka1987

Default TUT How to convert Orig Xbox .iso games to play on X360 w/ pics_by_Dzeka1987

This is tutorial made by me and it was here before but it was taken down, I refreshed it a little bit and added FAQs and please read all before starting this tutorial

IMPORTANT!!!!

BEFORE CONVERTING THE IMAGE (XBOX1.ISO) MAKE SURE THAT ISO IS NOT CONVERTED TO RUN ON ORIGINAL XBOX OR YOU WILL GET "UNSUPPORTED DISC" OR "DIRTY DISC" ERROR BECAUSE MOST OF THE XBOX1.ISO THAT ARE ONLINE FOR DOWNLOAD ARE ALREADY CONVERTED FOR XBOX 1

YOU NEED CLEAN RIP OF THE XBOX 1 GAME

But this does not mean it wont work all the time i had successful converts with modified xbox1.iso but there is BIG failure rate. There is two ways to find out what kind of .iso you have (original or modified)

You can find out what kind of .iso you have on Step 3.
    Another way to find out is to do the conversation and burn the game, if it shows the error message the first time
    you might have to connect to xbox live so your xbox downloads emulator for that game. Download will not be prompted but this does happens because i had the same thing with one of my games until i didn't connect to internet.
    If that doesn't work that means that it will NOT work the second time so dont waste your discs.

Please
    do not ask me for any games upload because not every game will work with every xbox so the best way is to download original xbox game and convert it to iXtreme copatible using this tutorial, it will take you about half an hour only to convert it.

Here is site where you can download original xbox games

Link for game Layouts - http://layouts.xbox-scene.com/main/f...ager/index.php
    Make sure that video.iso files are in root folder of mulleter

TUTORIAL
    How to convert Xbox1 .iso games to play on iXtreme FW

Software needed:
    1.XDVDMulleterSS,PFI,DMI files and Video Partition(SS, DMI and PFI are in Stealth folder) Deposit files link
    2.ISOBUSTER - Google it
    3.Alcohol 100%,DAEMON Tools - Google it
    Step 1: More or less the process needs approximatly 15GB of free HDD space Now run Run XDVDMulleter ( use one that I provided ) select 'View ISO details' and click 'next'. From 'Load ISO Folder', browse and load the XBOX.iso ( I will use Star Wars KotOR II.iso ) After you load XBOX.iso it should look like this, make sure that "Random padding" box is checked (not shown in pic i used old version of mulletter), if not it might work but if you want to continue without random padding box checked do it on your own risk i will not guarantee that it will work

Step 2:
    Click next to go back to the main menu, select 'Build/Rebuild files in ISO' and click 'next', select and load the XBOX.iso as before, click 'next' and choose 'Create a DVD9 ISO with zero padding (Xtreme compatible + Video)', again MAKE SURE VIDEO.ISO FILES ARE IN ROOT FOLDER OF MULLETER before clicking next

Step 3: Click 'next' and XDVDMulleter will check if the XBE is valid, click 'next' until you get to 'Make ISO' and click on it. You don't need at this time to load the ss.bin, dmi.bin or pfi.bin files, but you might want to add layout file click on link above and download your layout, After XDVDMulleter has finished,you should have another .iso (in my case its Star Wars_ KotOR II_mulleted.iso )open 'My Computer' and right click on the virtual drive created by Alcohol 100% to mount the XBOX_Mulleted.iso

Step 4:
    Run IsoBuster and select the virtual drive Click 'Options' and then 'Communication', a new window will pop up, click on 'Read Settings' and set everything to 1 and click 'OK'

Step 5:
    Right click on the main folder, on the left window, and select 'Extract DVD <Image>', then click 'User Data (*.tao,*.iso)'

Step 6:
    Name the file and use .iso as extension, Don't press 'Save' yet From 'My Computer' right click on the virtual drive and mount the XBOX.iso, (Star Wars KotOR II.iso)

Step 7:
    Once it has loaded it, go back to IsoBuster and click 'Save'. After a while IsoBuster will report an error. Just select 'Replace with dummy data' and 'Always apply selection', click 'Selection'

Step 8:
    When IsoBuster has finished, it will ask you to delete some files, (Choose 'No')and to save the .cue file. (you don't need it) After IsoBuster is finished you can delete XBOX.iso and XBOX_mulleted.iso DON?T DELETE .iso THAT YOU MADE WITH IsoBuster.iso Now let's run again XDVDMulleter and select 'Build/Rebuild files in ISO' click 'next' and load from 'Load ISO Folder' the IsoBuster.iso (Star Wars KotOR II IsoBuster.iso) in the 'Use Current Folder', 'next' and select 'Create a cloned DVD9 ISO (Xtreme compatible if the source is good)'

Step 9:
    click 'Yes' when prompted. In the next window load the ss.bin file from your folder and click 'next', so for the dmi.bin and the pfi.bin files, click 'next' and press on 'Make ISO'. When it's all done, check with XDVDMulleter the .iso to see, that it has become an iXtreme compatible image. Now just burn it as x360 game with CloneCD or IMGBurn and play Note: This works 100%

Final Step: Now create .dvd file for the .iso file you have,To create .dvd file, Open Notepad and type:
    Layerbreak=1913776
    xbox1gamename.ISO
    Burn it as you burn normal Xbox 360 game and enjoy

Q: Does this mean it can play all the Xbox1 games, not just the listed games from the xbox site
    A: No you can only play Xbox compatible games. Visit Xbox official site for listing of compatible games and here is the link for backward compatibility update

Q: After converting can I burn xbox1.iso on regular DVD
    A: No, you have to burn it on DVD-DL because after conversion xbox.iso is about 7.5GB size and iXtreme Firmware can only read games from DVD-DL

Q: Can I play these games on JTAG
    A: I don’t own JTAG console so I don’t really know

Q: What firmware do I need to have on my Xbox 360 console to play these games
    A: Compatible CFW
    - 1.51, 1.6, 1.61, LT+1.1 and LT+1.2

NOT Compatible CFW
    -LT and LT+1.0

Q: Is it safe to go online with these games
    A: As far as I know Xbox 1 Live is dead and I would not recommend going online with game in you Xbox 360 tray

Q: Do I need to do any update to play these games
    A: Your Xbox must have update to play Xbox 1 games, visit Xbox official site for it P.S. this update does not have to do anything with your FW or dash

Q:
    Can I play these games on Xbox 360 Arcade console
    A: No you have to have HDD in order to play Xbox 1 games

Q: Can I play these games on Xbox Slim 4Gb console
    A: No even with 4Gb consoles you still need the HDD to play backup or retail Xbox 1 games

P.S. When I say “these games” in FAQ I mean games that you convert with this tutorial

PM me or reply to topic for any questions
    AMD FX-8350 @ 4GHz w/ Corsair H80
    Zotac GTX 770 4Gb Edition
    16Gb Patriot G Series 'Sector 5' @ 1600MHz
    ASRock 970 eXtreme3
    OCZ Agility 3 256Gb SSD
    CM v1000 1kW
    Rosewill Thor v2

Default Re: TUT How to convert Xbox1 .iso games to play on X360 iXtreme FW with pics_by_Dzeka

Nice tut ;)
    But it doesn't work for me. I'm trying to make an Ixtreme compatible image for ssx3.
    I Began with inserting the video partition. But know it's prompting that the image is of a peculiar size and the video data is broken. It's asking if i would like to fix it by insterting a video.data file but i don't really know what i'm doing..

Can somebody help me with this one.?

Default Re: TUT How to convert Xbox1 .iso games to play on X360 iXtreme FW with pics_by_Dzeka

there is 3 different video partitions try each
    ASRock 970 eXtreme3
    OCZ Agility 3 256Gb SSD
    CM v1000 1kW
    Rosewill Thor v2

Quote Originally Posted by dzeka1987 View Post
    there is 3 different video partitions try each
    I tried that. I used the video partition were it didn't gave me an error.

cant convert Shenmue II (NTSC)

i insert a working video ISO and when i click "Make ISO" i get the error

"no video file found " or something alone those lines

i also get peculiar size errors after inserting a working video.iso

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitsandkings View Post
    cant convert Shenmue II (NTSC)

i insert a working video ISO and when i click "Make ISO" i get the error

"no video file found " or something alone those lines

i also get peculiar size errors after inserting a working video.iso
    make sure that video.iso is in root folder of mulleter and dont worry about errors
    ASRock 970 eXtreme3
    OCZ Agility 3 256Gb SSD
    CM v1000 1kW
    Rosewill Thor v2

ill probably redownload shenmue in the future (this weekend) and record the steps in the video, and show you my errors

Do you know if you can do the conversion with Dino Crisis 3?

Quote Originally Posted by rdebortoli View Post
    Do you know if you can do the conversion with Dino Crisis 3?
    Its not in the compatatbility list so probably not

im stuck at xbe file he is atempting to fix it but its been already a half hour

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast