Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adanaliyk's JDownloader Guide

Default Adanaliyk's JDownloader Guide

ADANALIYIK'S JDOWNLOADER GUIDE

What is JDownloader?

JDownloader is open source, platform independent and written completely in Java. It simplifies downloading files from One-Click-Hosters like Rapidshare.com or Megaupload.com - not only for users with a premium account but also for users who don't pay. It offers downloading in multiple paralell streams, captcha recognition, automatical file extraction and much more. Of course, JDownloader is absolutely free of charge. Additionally, many "link encryption" sites are supported - so you just paste the "encrypted" links and JD does the rest. JDownloader can import CCF, RSDF and it's own DLC files.

Features:

* Platform independent. (Windows, Linux, Mac, ..)
    * Runs on Java 1.5 or higher
    * Complete Open-Source (GPL)
    * 24-hour support
    * Download several files parellel
    * Download with multiple connections
    * JD has an own powerful OCR module (JAntiCaptcha)
    * Decrypt RSDF, CCF and DLC Containerfiles
    * Decryptplugins for many services. e.g. sj.org, UCMS, WordPress, RLSLog….
    * Youtube, Vimeo, clipfish video and Mp3 Download
    * Automatic extractor (including password list search) (Rar archives)
    * Theme Support
    * Multilingual
    * About 110 hoster and over 300 decrypt plug-ins
    * Reconnect with JDLiveHeaderScripts: (1400 router supported)
    * Webupdate
    * Integrated package manager for additional modules (eg. Webinterface, Shutdown)
    * Supports both free users and Premium accounts.

Installation:

1. Download the latest version of Jdownloader from JDownloader.org and run the file

2. Update your Java to the latest version at Java.com

Set-Up Premium Account:

1. On the main screen, click the Settings tab, then select Plug-Ins & Add-Ons / Host / Premium

2. Click Add New Account

3. On the Pop-Up window, select the Host with the pulldown, then enter your login name and password for that account.

4. Click OK and you're done

5. Note that not only can you add accounts from different hosts, but you can also add multiple accounts for the same host. This is useful if your accounts have limits (such as RS). When one premium account reaches its limit, JDownloader will automatically use the next account.

Set-Up Free User Account:

There is no set up required for a free user account. However, the first time you try to download from a host, such as MU or RS, JDownloader will pop up a window saying the TOS (Terms of Service) for this host has not been signed. Just check the box saying you have read the TOS and click OK.

Initial Settings:

For most users, all the initial settings are fine, except for these two, which are in the lower right hand corner of the main screen:

1. Max Con: This is how many pieces JDownloader will break a file into to download it faster. The max and recommended setting is 20. This has no effect for free users because the host limits you to 1 connection. But it makes a big difference for Premium users.

2. Max Dls: This is the number of Parts that JDownloader will download at once. Recommended setting is 3. For Premium users, this setting allows you to download multiple files at the time from the host, making the best use of your bandwidth. For free users, this allows you to download from different hosts all at the same time, instead of only from one at a time.

For more details, see my post on How to Speed Up JDownloader: http://www.xbox360iso.com/showpost.p...postcount=1610

Using JDownloader:

Once JDownloader is installed and running, it will capture any links you copy to your clipboard and post them on the Linkgrabber tab. It will tell you the name of the parts, the size, and whether or not the file is on-line.

1. Highlight either individual files, or the bar at the top of the group of files you want.

2. Right click on the highlighted files, and click either Continue with Selected Packages to download only the highlighted files, or Continue with All to download everything in the Linkgrabber screen.

2a. If you want JDownloader to extract the files for you, and they have a password, you can enter it by right clicking the highlighted files and clicking Set Download Password before you click COntinue.

3. The files will automatically be moved to the Download tab and downloading should begin.

The Download Tab:

This is where the downloads happen. It lists the files being downloaded, the files waiting to be downloaded, and gives a summary at the bottom of the screen.

1. If no files are downloading, check the upper left corner to make sure the triangle icon (looks like a Play button) is not blue. If it is, click it to start your downloads.

2. If a download has problems, they will have a red mark on the file or group name. I won't go into all the options, but the most common are Resume, Enable and Reset.

a. Enable is used if a file is grayed out.
    b. Resume is used if a file has a countdown timer to set the timer to zero. Don't use this if you are a free user "Waiting for new IP" because it will start the clock all over again.
    c. Reset is used to delete what has already been downloaded and start the file over completely. This is useful for files that error on download and you want to download them again without having to find the link all over again.

3. Files and groups can be moved up and down using the green arrows at the top of the screen, so that you favorites will download first.

4. If you have premium, and you are downloading at your Max Dls setting, you can make a file start downloading without wait, by right clicking that file and selecting Force Download. This is especially useful when you have 3 large files downloading, and want to download a DLC without waiting for one of those large files to finish.

Handling DLC Files:

DLC files should download like normal files, then open themselves up to put the Part list in the Linkgrabber tab. But, if they don't, or if they give an error, here's some things you can do:

1. When a DLC file gives an error during extract, JDownloader will perform an update a minute after that. But, it will not go back and open the DLC. So, you can go to the Download tab, right click on the DLC and click Reset to download it again.

2. If you downloaded the DLC another way, or if you don't want to Reset (free user), go to the Linkgrabber tab. click Add Container, then browse to you download folder to find the DLC file.

3. If you already have your download folder open, or you want to open multiple DLC files at once, just highlight the DLC files and drag them to the Linkgrabber.

I will add more items as more questions come up, but this should be enough to get you started.

YOU MUST USE JDOWNLOADER TO DOWNLOAD MY GAMES
    See my full collection (980+) of RYUSHARE (JDownloader) XBox 360 games at:
    http://www.xbox360iso.com/ryu-adanaliyik-970-t769685.html

Default Re: Adanaliyk's JDownloader Guide

Thanks

Very nice tut.

@ Bloody child this is an English speaking site.
    CHERISH EVERY MEMORY
    LOVE EVERY MOMENT
    EMBRACE EVERY POSSIBILITY

thanks

thanks for your notes on jdownloader.
    i like to ask u, seldom jdownloader freezes on me and i have to shut it down with windows task manager, i uninstalled and reinstalled it but the problem is there. any comments on that??
    also some of the .rar files wont start downloading. would that be a jdownloader problem or more like a megaupload problem??
    thanks in advance for your help, im really stuck with this 1.

In my experience jdownloader is slightly flaky, but if downloads aren't starting it's often because the links are dead. Are you not getting a status message?

Quote Originally Posted by adect4383 View Post
    thanks for your notes on jdownloader.
    i like to ask u, seldom jdownloader freezes on me and i have to shut it down with windows task manager, i uninstalled and reinstalled it but the problem is there. any comments on that??
    also some of the .rar files wont start downloading. would that be a jdownloader problem or more like a megaupload problem??
    thanks in advance for your help, im really stuck with this 1.
    Sorry for the late response, I don't look here very often, because I don't really expect responses to my tutorials. Here's something that might help. Most people update their JDownloader regularly, but they forget something. JDownloader is a Java based program, so that means you need to keep your Java up to date as well. This is almost as important as updating JDownloader is.

If the files are showing on-line but won't start, and both your JDownloader and Java are up to date, then yes, it's an MU problem. The answer is generally to shut down JDownloader completely and start it again. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, there's not much you can do except wait a day or two, then try again. Or, if the uploader has more than one host, and the links are interchangeable (like mine are), then you can get the parts from one of the other hosts.

YOU MUST USE JDOWNLOADER TO DOWNLOAD MY GAMES
    See my full collection (980+) of RYUSHARE (JDownloader) XBox 360 games at:
    http://www.xbox360iso.com/ryu-adanaliyik-970-t769685.html

i alright know all of this but cool stuff for those that dont know that much great information.

Nice Tut!!! +REP
    Just a quick question tho, I added a .DLC file (from your games thread) into the Linkgrabber and i noticed there is a XXX.part01.rar (99mb) and a XXX.part01.rev also 99mb but the .rev has a different WinRAR icon to all the rest.
    Do i download them both? or do i only need the first XXX.part01.rar

Thank you.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast