Thread: Step by Step - Download multiple files with Flashget

Arrow Step by Step - Download multiple files with Flashget

It seems like many people have trouble understanding how to download multiple files with a download manager like Flashget.

For those people, here is a simple step by step guide. I shall show how to add multiple rapidshare links using a premium account.

What you need:

You need to download and install flashget. Its a free download manager, with absolutely no spyware and the best all round download manager available. Just google the name to get to the home site and download it.

For most download sites, you will need a premium account to use a download manager. I shall use Rapidshare as my example and show how to set up for using this site. Others will be similar.

Flashget set up:

Install the program with the default settings.
    The next step is to tell it how to access your rapidshare files using your log in details:

Go to Tool/Options, and then select the 'site manager' tab and you will see the following:

You need to click on the 'add' button to add your site log in details:

Choose options like in the above picture, but obviously make sure you enter your own account number and password!
    Now flashget will always know how to download as a premium user!

Check your Rapidshare settings!

Log into your Rapidshare premium zone. Select the 'settings' tab on the top menu bar.
    Ensure that underneath the 'configuration' heading, you have the 'Direct Downloads' option selected:

Make sure that setting is saved!

Downloading files!

Go to a post with links you want to download.
    With your left mouse button drag and select all the links you want to download - my picture shows 7 links, but it can be any number and is often 70. Right click the selected links and choose 'copy':

Flashget will recognize you have copied lots of links and will show the following window asking if you want to download all the links. Make sure all the links you want to download are selected and hit OK.

All the links will be downloaded to your download list and you can go do something else while they download. If you have to switch your machine off, you can simply start the download from where you left it.

(please note: my isp has capped my speeds so the speeds shown above are capped and slow. In realitty you can expect to get your maximum download speed with flashget, mine is normally 800kb/s, your may well be faster than that!)

NOTE
    If when you copy your highlighted links you don't see the flashget window asking which links you want to download, don't despair! Simply choose 'Edit/paste url' in flashget and all your copied links can be entered that way!

Enjoy downloading multi-link files the easy way!!!
    CHERISH EVERY MEMORY
    LOVE EVERY MOMENT
    EMBRACE EVERY POSSIBILITY

Default Re: Step by Step - Download multiple files with Flashget

Thanks man but does this also work for non-premium and megaupload?
    "Don't do drugs, don't have unprotected sex, don't be violent. Leave that to me." Eminem

My name isn't Dimitri, just want to clear this up. And I'm no Russian either.

+repped, but how is this better than JDownloader?

thanks for the help

Nice & useful post

im only having problems extracting the files because they have a password and its no where in display :/

Quote Originally Posted by oso613 View Post
    im only having problems extracting the files because they have a password and its no where in display :/
    what u download?