Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Transfer file from your computer to your Jtag using Xexmenu and FreeStyle Dash

Default How to Transfer file from your computer to your Jtag using Xexmenu and FreeStyle Dash

EvilDxtreme

Presents

How to FTP to your J-tag using both FreeStyleDash and Xexmenu with FileZilla!

FileZilla Download:

MegaUpload
    Code:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4UOQJ4LT

Rapidshare
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/408859226/FileZilla_3.3.3_win32-setup.rar (MD5: 5423DF3FD5D1BAE94E662317FFD4C45E)

Official Site
    Code:
    http://filezilla-project.org/

Lets get started on installing FileZilla and connecting the console to the Network!

1. You want to install FileZilla so just open the file provided and follow the direction on install. This program will work for 32bit or 64 bit windows. If you use a Mac just go to the Official Site link and download the proper file.

2. You will need to purchase a Crossover Ethernet cable from your local electronic or computer store. In my experience only some Radio Shacks carry this cable. You can order one of these on the internet. Just search Google for "Crossover Cable". These cable can be purchased very cheap on the internet. The electronic stores think these cable are gold for some reason.

What is a Crossover Cable?
    It is simply an Ethernet Cable. The only difference is two of the wires within it are crossed from there normal location.
    There are Tutorials out there on making your own but I would recommend just buying one as they are so cheap.

3. You will need to turn on your xbox 360 and make a new profile. A profile that has never been on xbox live will not connect unless you ask it to. Other option is to just stay logged out while using this feature. Now hook the crossover Cable to your console and then to your Modem or wireless router.

4. Once everything is installed and connected you will have to be in Xexmenu or FreestyleDash to get your console to show up in FileZile. They will be considered your FTP client on the Console end.

Lets Set up Xexmenu!

Note.....................You need to have Xexmenu open on the xbox!

1. Go to your computer and open FileZila. Once it is open you will need to press "File" on the top left of the screen. Now you will see a popup screen and you will choose "Site Manager".

It will look like this:

2. Once you have done that a new window will appear and look like this:

As you can see I have added some instructions on the screen shot. What you need to do is Highlight the "My Sites". This is were all your sites will be located.

Example: We will have to sites, one for Xexmenu and one for Freestyle dash.

Now that "My Sites" has been highlighted you need to press "New Site" and name it "Xexmenu".

3. Now you will see that the content on the right is no longer grayed out. This is where we will type what settings we want.

Once we do that it should look like this:

The things in red are what we need to fill in.

-Host:= Will be your IP address on your xbox. To find this you can press the "Left Bumper" in Xexmenu with your controller until you see "configuration" at the top of the tv. In "configurations" you will see your IP address.

Logon Type:= Will be More or less the type of account you want.

User: = Username

Password:= (you guessed it)

Account:= Account name.

Fill everything out the way you see it in the picture above and press "Connect".

4. Now if you did everything correctly you should see something like this:

As you can see I have again marked things of interest in red.
    The left side of FileZilla will show your computer and its files and folders.
    The right side will be your Xbox 360 and it storage devices.

Very Important.....................................

On the upper content windows are only to be used to access directories. Never Delete or modify anything in those windows.
    Example: If you go to delete a file in say a folder that has ten files in it, it will delete the whole directory with all the files thinking that is what you are wanting to do. Only use the bottom half for editing anything.

Now we will set up FTP to FreeStyleDash

Notes...............................You must be in FreeStyleDash on the xbox!

It is set up exactly the same way we did the Xexmenu.

1. We will create a site and name it "Freestyle".

It should look like this:

2. We are going to do the settings as they are a little different.

-The Acount Type must be set to "Anonymous".

-The "User", "Password", and "Acount" must be left blank.

It should look like this:

3. Press "Connect"! Your done.

Trouble shooting notes.................................

I cant get anything to connect, Why is it not working?
    Not sure if you have missed a step but there is one thing you could try.
    : In the settings try going to the "Transfer Settings" tab and changing the "Transfer Mode:" to "Passive" and see if that works for you.

Nothing I have tried has worked what can I do now?

You could try "FlashFXP" with the same settings to see if it agrees with your setup.

Link:
    Code:
    http://www.flashfxp.com/

notes..............................
    When using the "FSDindexer" to download your artwork it is the same concept.

Default Re: How to Transfer file from your computer to your Jtag using Xexmenu and FreeStyle

ok i cant get it to find my xbox on filezilla i believe i've done everything you've said heres what i get....

but my xbox and computer communicate fine with each other through nxe.

help!?!?!?!?
    Posts merged - please don't double post!
    ok i figured it out here it is if anybody else has the same problems...

and also make sure active is selected under transfer settings

hope this helps and +rep to op for his tut thanx

Default Re: How to Transfer file from your computer to your Jtag using Xexmenu and FreeStyle

i have follow the tut but not work. but stil can't get connected to my xbox (FSD 1.2) :

actually i used to succeed to ftp with other methode using flashFXP. but now i forgot how to setting again after i reinstall my windows. i remember the setting on my xbox IP address is 192.168.0.100. but i forgot the setting on my pc ip address.
    and the worst is the tut link also gone now.

if anyone know or remeber what i'm talking about please help me.

thanks

Xfreaks...You should not have a port number. Use your Xbox360's IP address. For login try this..

Login Type=Normal
    xbox=user name
    xbox=password

you have to be running FSD to FTP. My FTP is working so PM me if that didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Century View Post
    Xfreaks...You should not have a port number. Use your Xbox360's IP address. For login try this..

Login Type=Normal
    xbox=user name
    xbox=password

you have to be running FSD to FTP. My FTP is working so PM me if that didn't work.
    still didn't work. i know that must on FSD to run the FTP as i said i have success to FTP before but i forgot the setting.
    maybe i missed something on my ip address setting.
    so can you tell me yours xbox ip address setting? and pc ip address need to setting too?
    thanks

does anyone know what port-range is used by fsd2.0?

(just want too know if opening up the ftp serv not only for local.

hmm this isn't working for me. I have an IP in xex menu, and I'm about to try freestyle, but I can't even ping the xbox in xexmenu. So hopefully freestyle works.

i use smartftp and cuteftp and works both fine !
    so it's better to connect the utp/transfer cable with pc/360
    before the ftp program starts.. hope it will help
    ( look if it's connected at the xbox, click right trigger to see )

after trial and error methode finally can FTP my xbox. the problem is the default getaway ip must be same between the pc and xbox. hope this information can help you guys.

Thanks mate! Very easy to follow (like all your guides) and works perfect, first time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast