PDA

View Full Version : corrupted archive....which part??

raddu87
6th August 2011, 09:45 PM
hi guys,
i've downloaded a dvd (bluray)collection it's about 25 Gb but when i unbar them stufflt gave me an error and say the archive is corrupted.... so if it possible i wouldn't re download all the 270 parts of archive.....any of you know a way to understand which is the broken segment???

WhiteHot
7th August 2011, 05:55 AM
StuffIt sucks. Alot.

Are all segments the same size less the last one?

Did it come with a .md5/.sfv?

Did other users report a non-working file?

raddu87
7th August 2011, 10:32 AM
StuffIt sucks. Alot.

Are all segments the same size less the last one?

Did it come with a .md5/.sfv?

Did other users report a non-working file?

1)yes they have the same size...excepts the last (as usual)
2)they are all .rar the extract file will be in .mkv
3)no one

i would like to understand which part is corrupted thus I can re-download...i hope it's is possible!!!

have you to suggest another program?

ferrin
7th August 2011, 11:33 AM
Try betterZip.
This could be as simple as Stuffit running out of memory due to it being such a large archive. Either way, betterzip is a much better piece of software.

WhiteHot
7th August 2011, 11:34 AM
+1 for BetterZip.

tototox99
7th August 2011, 03:23 PM
i use winwar and if i got a corrupted part it gives a error and says what part the error happen on.

raddu87
7th August 2011, 09:26 PM
winrar for mac...it's new for me....now i'm about to try betterzip,i'll make you know if it work and i +rep you...thank you for rply

WhiteHot
8th August 2011, 04:53 AM
WinRAR for Mac is not an official app AFAIK

ferrin
8th August 2011, 12:21 PM
Nope, winrar for mac is only available in a console CLI.

ANOCK14258
9th August 2011, 03:33 AM
1)yes they have the same size...excepts the last (as usual)
2)they are all .rar the extract file will be in .mkv
3)no one

i would like to understand which part is corrupted thus I can re-download...i hope it's is possible!!!

have you to suggest another program?
if not sure what .rar file/s are maybe corrupt i use a proccess of elimination by dragging some of the files into a seperate folder and unrar them from that folder, if they unrar without error then just add more .rar files to the seprate folder an unrar again.
keep doing so until the error occurs then you know that the corrupt .rar file is among the last lump of .rar files you put into the separate folder.

lildimsum7
9th August 2011, 12:08 PM
dont listen to most of these noobs, just use UnRarX and you'll be able to see which parts are corrupt

WhiteHot
9th August 2011, 02:16 PM
^^ Who are the noobs that responded specifically?

Also UnRarX licks.
IMO

allstarrm17
9th August 2011, 02:28 PM
Winrar for Macs sucks. It's really just a command line way of extracting and compressing files. I would suggest using either Betterzip or UnrarX. I use UnRarX for far files and have never had an issue. I use BetterZip for everything else. I would suggest using either one of those apps.

raddu87
11th August 2011, 09:23 AM
if not sure what .rar file/s are maybe corrupt i use a proccess of elimination by dragging some of the files into a seperate folder and unrar them from that folder, if they unrar without error then just add more .rar files to the seprate folder an unrar again.
keep doing so until the error occurs then you know that the corrupt .rar file is among the last lump of .rar files you put into the separate folder.

i've already done...better zip doesn't help...about winrar i can't find it so i've transfer on HD , gone to a window buddy and...find which part is corrupted...
today i've remember that i have boot my mac a lot of time ago!!!so i get mad for 4this and i've only to start my pc with start+alt!!!
i don't know how you say in english but the sense is:I'm totally absent mind and stupid 10000 times!!!
thanks for help...+rep everyone is minimum i can do!!!!

dont listen to most of these noobs, just use UnRarX and you'll be able to see which parts are corrupt

i'll try next time it happen