PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible...

TankWilliams
22nd May 2011, 10:41 AM
To Flash your xbox with a macbook or iMac? I payed to get my xbox flashed, but with the new update I'll have to shell out another 40 bucks to get it done, which I really could use for other things right now. If this isn't in the right place, I apologize in advance.

69Voltage
22nd May 2011, 11:22 AM
Using Google, found a lot on this subject. From the little I read, seems like you'll have to install Bootcamp to make it work.

TankWilliams
22nd May 2011, 03:05 PM
Using Google, found a lot on this subject. From the little I read, seems like you'll have to install Bootcamp to make it work.

To start off, I have to say that .gif in your sig is amazing. Anyways, I do have bootcamp, but all of the guides I read required some "sketchy" steps, like taking a pocket-knife to a cable so it would be thinner, and that kind of thing, so I decided to steer clear. I was hoping someone here was successful and could point me in the right direction.

BTW I do have bootcamp and Windows 7 on my macbook.

allstarrm17
22nd May 2011, 03:44 PM
To flash your console you need to be able to get a sata cable from your drive to your computer. It's going to be hard with a laptop, Mac mini, or IMac. I'm not sure if I would want to take them apart just to do that. If you have a Mac Pro, you should be able to do it with bootcamp.

69Voltage
22nd May 2011, 10:41 PM
To flash your console you need to be able to get a sata cable from your drive to your computer. It's going to be hard with a laptop, Mac mini, or IMac. I'm not sure if I would want to take them apart just to do that. If you have a Mac Pro, you should be able to do it with bootcamp.

Yep, one of the YouTube vids I found used a Mac Pro.

TankWilliams
23rd May 2011, 01:07 AM

I do have a macbook pro, but if it requires me to take apart my computer I'm just going to have someone else mod my xbox, I don't want to take any risks with my laptop.

69Voltage
23rd May 2011, 01:29 AM
Found this. I'm sure the answer's out there somewhere, you're just going to have to spend some time researching.

Heres a short video of me successfully flashing a BenQ drive using a Unibody Macbook Pro under boot camp. All parts can be found on ebay and include:

via vt6421a PCMCIA card
ExpressCard 34 to PCMCIA adapter
Molex-wall plug

Using a custom made usb-Molex adapter (5v) you can flash absolutely anywhere on battery power! however you must manually eject the disk for drives like BenQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_EHov-emKw

TankWilliams
23rd May 2011, 02:19 AM
Well, thank you! +Rep, voltage!

Hopefully I can figure it out!