PDA

View Full Version : JTag Programs

allstarrm17
26th April 2011, 11:48 AM
Hey, does anyone know if there is a Mac OS version of JTag programs? Or, will I have to partition my drive and install Winblows?

aireca
26th April 2011, 05:20 PM
you can also try Vmware & install WinXP

WhiteHot
27th April 2011, 06:29 AM
If you're computer's powerful enough (4GBRAM+) you can run VMWare/Parallels in Cohesion mode and it would appear that Winblows is not running except for when you click on the app in question...

Could quickly Bottle it up/Cider port it to test it? Some apps work 100% with no adaptions at all.

allstarrm17
27th April 2011, 07:03 AM
I will try to use wine bottle first. But I was just wondering if I need to use it before I do anything else.

JCDenton
28th April 2011, 03:48 AM
Thats the problem with mac os if you ever need to do more that edit a movie you need windows :(

allstarrm17
28th April 2011, 04:32 AM
Thats the problem with mac os if you ever need to do more that edit a movie you need windows :(

What are you talking about? I do the same amount of things with my Mac as I did with my Winblows, except, my Mac runs smoother.

toxicloud
28th April 2011, 10:30 AM

thanks Dent, if i ever want to kill myself from frustration at least i know where to go......WINDOWS!!

WhiteHot
28th April 2011, 11:26 AM
Don't forget 'Computers are like Air Conditioners-They stop working properly when you open Windows'.

I'm sure if Insomnica WANTED to he could code all these up.

allstarrm17
28th April 2011, 12:22 PM
He probably could. I think he does most of his code work on his mac. Even for his Winblows programs.

JCDenton
29th April 2011, 02:55 AM
Don't forget 'Computers are like Air Conditioners-They stop working properly when you open Windows'..

Im not surprised a mac user thinks that pc's are like air conditioning units but open one up sometime and do a comparison and i think you will be surprised. Dont touch any of the pritty spinny things tho because they will hurt your fingers. lol.

Im on linux anyway so im just saying i know your pain, i have to use wine or a virtual machine.

allstarrm17
29th April 2011, 03:06 AM
I have opened a PC and use one all the time. And every time I use one, I want to throw it against wall or out the window. It's annoying to have to wait for a program to load or wait so long for Winblows to load. And Linux is more stable then either OS, but much easier to hack then MacOS and probably Winblows. As Sony about that.