PDA

View Full Version : Can't burn ACB on my MBP

Jimpansen67
5th February 2011, 03:46 AM
Hello everybody,

first of, thank you for taking your time and read about my problem. I just downloaded ACB, which passed abgx all green, and then I tried to burn it. First with isox360, which produced a coaster. Next osx360, which didn't even start to burn when pressing the button. IBurn360 (I don't care about Live) didn't work either. And finally X360 ISO Hacker gave me this message:

"The burn to the MAT****A DVD_R UJ-868 drive failed. The disc can't be burned; it might be incompatible with this disc drive. Please try a different brand of disc, or try burning at a slower speed."

Unfortunately no program so far supported slower speed than 2,4x. And I have been using Verbatim DL with my build in drive for lots of copys so far.

Now I ask myself (and that is the point where you hopefully can help me):
Is it because of the ap25 that this game is that hard to burn?
Is there another way to do it?

kickazzshoty
5th February 2011, 07:23 AM
ok, make sure the disk is DVD+R DL if your using DVD-R u will have this promblem. also download imgburn

69Voltage
5th February 2011, 07:31 AM
It's probably a problem with the SuperDrive in the MBP. I had the same issues. I would recommend buying an external drive to burn these games. I've been using an LG GP08NU40, found on Amazon for <$50. No coasters, no problems.

WhiteHot
5th February 2011, 01:17 PM
That sucks. I've never heard of anyone personally who have had hardware issues with their Macs. My iMac SuperDrive works as good as the day I got it out of the box like...3 years ago. Got a stack of Xbox games so many that I can't even close the tax folder that Alphabetically held them...it's bursting haha. Plus god knows how many (equal or more) Wii games I have in that stack... jeez...

Of course, as the first reply noted, don't try with a DVD-R. Not to insult your intelligence, but yea...

Are you 100% sure your burner is DVD-DL ready? Search your drives model in google or whatnot to double check. (Could happen)

Does your drive do everything else it should? Burn DVD-Rs/Rip audio/video/games back to it through it? Fully working?

Damn it Voltage it's like you sized the sig to make the QuickReply box fit neatly under your animation of Shay Laren getting clothed... hard to concentrate.

http://i.imgur.com/ityjp.jpg

Jimpansen67
5th February 2011, 06:05 PM
Hey guys, thank you for your suggestions.

@kickazzshoty: I use DVD+R DL, and so far I had no problems burning playable games with my superdrive. Next I try to run Imgburn on parallels...
@Voltage: I already read some posts of you and I was afraid you would suggest that. It's just the last thing I want to do, after trying everthing else, but thank you anyway..
@WhiteHot: it's okay, I don't take it personally :)

So on your macs ACB burns like any other game?

WhiteHot
6th February 2011, 09:15 AM
Every game burns like another. Whether it has AP2.5, or is Wave 1 or 9, you follow the same procedure on Mac and Winblows.

69Voltage
6th February 2011, 10:52 AM
Jim, if you continue to have problems, remember you can always purchase a drive locally, at say Best Buy. If that fixes the problem, sweet. If it doesn't, you can return it for a refund.

Damn it Voltage it's like you sized the sig to make the QuickReply box fit neatly under your animation of Shay Laren getting clothed... hard to concentrate.

lmao, sorry WH. I'll try to find one where she's undressing, if that'll help. :P

allstarrm17
6th February 2011, 01:19 PM
lmao, sorry WH. I'll try to find one where she's undressing, if that'll help. :P

LOL. Whatever you do with a pic of her we can't concentrate.

Try to see if you have DVD+R DL. If not go get an external. If either don't work, go to your local Apple Store and tell them they gave you a f*cked up DVD burner.