PDA

View Full Version : Jail-broken Iphone 4 issues

vodoochild81
19th December 2010, 04:01 PM
I usually have no problems synching my apps on my jail broken iphone 4 but today I synch'd it and it errased like half my apps! I generally would download the cracked apps from installus, and I don't understand why it would erase half of them...perhaps the ones that got erased were not cracked properly? Anyone have this kind of issue, and anyone have recommendations as to what I should do? Thanks in advance.

The way I jailbroke it was with jailbreakme.com and I have 4.1 firmware on it.

b4ballack
19th December 2010, 05:34 PM
transfer your apps from iphone to pc which you downloaded from installous with ifunbox software google it or any other way and then click all apps so they will appear in itunes so it will not be deleted agian

download appsync for your current ios version from cydia

vodoochild81
20th December 2010, 12:16 AM
transfer your apps from iphone to pc which you downloaded from installous with ifunbox software google it or any other way and then click all apps so they will appear in itunes so it will not be deleted agian

download appsync for your current ios version from cydia

ifunbox is only PC. Do you or anyone else recommend a good program for the mac? What does appsync from cydia do?

steven789
20th December 2010, 12:51 AM
had the same problem with appsync on my ipod3g and iphone4g i stopped syncing apps with itunes and started using ifunbox, easier to transfer apps with its save data ... configs

vodoochild81
20th December 2010, 01:53 AM
had the same problem with appsync on my ipod3g and iphone4g i stopped syncing apps with itunes and started using ifunbox, easier to transfer apps with its save data ... configs

cool, thanks. but again I use mac...what do people with macs use?

WhiteHot
20th December 2010, 02:09 AM
The last thing I jailbroke was my iPod Touch 2G. I had installo.us and AppSync.

Definitely install AppSync. Makes it sync just like a regular ipod, but without needing DRM embedded to make it work.

Appulo.us and Hackulo.us work the same way(ish), but just install AppSync anyways.

I'm not sure at what version it's at, but yea, http://cydia.hackulo.us, repo for AppSync.

spunckyjew
20th December 2010, 02:20 AM
You need AppSync for the firmware you have. It should be under the same source you got installous from. Also it should have installed it by itself when you installed installous.

Rich123321
20th December 2010, 05:15 AM
Make sure you have appsync 4.1 from the hackulo.us repo. Then after you download it, reboot the phone, then procede to go into installous. Go to options and there it will say "iTunesSync". Make sure that is set to "ON", then see if it works

conrado
20th December 2010, 05:34 AM
The last thing I jailbroke was my iPod Touch 2G. I had installo.us and AppSync.

Definitely install AppSync. Makes it sync just like a regular ipod, but without needing DRM embedded to make it work.

Appulo.us and Hackulo.us work the same way(ish), but just install AppSync anyways.

I'm not sure at what version it's at, but yea, http://cydia.hackulo.us, repo for AppSync.

^ this..

You need to add the source to the cracked apps work!

vodoochild81
20th December 2010, 08:02 AM
^ this..

You need to add the source to the cracked apps work!

If apsync automatically installs with instaullus then why would i download it again and I always had installus on my iphone.

conrado
20th December 2010, 08:03 AM
If apsync automatically installs with instaullus then why would i download it again and I always had installus on my iphone.

Well, when i download something from installous it sync with itunes when i connect the device with computer.. so the apps get into itunes and when i sync again they are there...

vodoochild81
20th December 2010, 08:45 AM
Well, when i download something from installous it sync with itunes when i connect the device with computer.. so the apps get into itunes and when i sync again they are there...

Yea that's usually what happened before, I never had this problem. Also my friends with jailbroken Iphones never had this issue. I also have some batter drain issues with my phone. perhaps I should restore then rejail break, an reinstall cydia, and instaullus?

If I were to do that, do I just put the phone in itunes, and hit restore? Will it restore it in 4.1 or will it automatically upgrade it to 4.2? Also after the restore I should totally load my music, data and apps fresh right? Not from a back up... Will that errase all my bookmarks, email accounts, and text messages?
Posts merged - please don't double post!
ActuallY I just tried installing Appsynch. It said for reasons that could not be automatically resolved you can not install this.... Weird so it wont even let me install that.

plexity
20th December 2010, 09:25 AM
Hello guys, well im having a problem myself i tried to install AppSync for OS 4.1 cause its the one i got and it comes up with "The requested modification cannot be applied due to required dependencies or conflicts that cannot be automatically found or fixed" When i looked around the OS 4.0 was downloaded but i have 4.1 O.o Im kinda confused i also uninstalled 4.0 thinking that if i did that i could install 4.1 but nope still nothing :(.

WhiteHot
20th December 2010, 09:50 AM
Hmm sorry Voodoo wish I could help more.

If I remember correctly, I had AppSync 2.1 and Appulo.us installed (separately!).

I obtained the game, then went through my PC's browser and downloaded the same game from the same source. I then opened iTunes, and loaded the .app into it.
When iTunes opened, it also synced iPod.

All apps stayed on if I did it this way, but if I simply downloaded to iPod without downloading and adding to iTunes first, it was deleted from the iPod (as iTunes thought I hadn't purchased/obtained it).

I think it works if you hold 'Option' and click restore, you can click the firmware image you wish to restore to (4.0, 4.1, 4.2 etc, but you'll have to obtain this image unofficially from somewhere) otherwise it'll auto-restore to the newest available.

So, I would *GUESS* if things aren't working to restore back to 4.0/4.1, then re-apply AppSync, and THEN re-apply installo.us/hackulo.us. Get your app/game and add it to iTunes and then sync your iPod/iPhone.

If the same error comes up, then I've got nothing left for ya.

Wish I knew more. As I said, I haven't done anything with JailBreaks since 2.1. My iPod is still at it because I was tired of re-JB'ing each .1 of an update.

vodoochild81
20th December 2010, 03:59 PM
Hmm sorry Voodoo wish I could help more.

If I remember correctly, I had AppSync 2.1 and Appulo.us installed (separately!).

I obtained the game, then went through my PC's browser and downloaded the same game from the same source. I then opened iTunes, and loaded the .app into it.
When iTunes opened, it also synced iPod.

All apps stayed on if I did it this way, but if I simply downloaded to iPod without downloading and adding to iTunes first, it was deleted from the iPod (as iTunes thought I hadn't purchased/obtained it).

I think it works if you hold 'Option' and click restore, you can click the firmware image you wish to restore to (4.0, 4.1, 4.2 etc, but you'll have to obtain this image unofficially from somewhere) otherwise it'll auto-restore to the newest available.

So, I would *GUESS* if things aren't working to restore back to 4.0/4.1, then re-apply AppSync, and THEN re-apply installo.us/hackulo.us. Get your app/game and add it to iTunes and then sync your iPod/iPhone.

If the same error comes up, then I've got nothing left for ya.

Wish I knew more. As I said, I haven't done anything with JailBreaks since 2.1. My iPod is still at it because I was tired of re-JB'ing each .1 of an update.

I understand... Is there some kind of website like this one made for iphone hacking? Where there is message boards and etc. Please PM the site if u cant put the links up here. Thanks.

indigokid1
20th December 2010, 06:34 PM
ok if ur looking for an FTP client like ifunbox or winscp the use cyber duck to copy the apps to ur computer. but honestly it isnt necessary. delete appsync, reinstal, reboot and you should be fine. also i fine that if you click transfer purchases in itunes that works too

vodoochild81
21st December 2010, 12:06 AM
ok if ur looking for an FTP client like ifunbox or winscp the use cyber duck to copy the apps to ur computer. but honestly it isnt necessary. delete appsync, reinstal, reboot and you should be fine. also i fine that if you click transfer purchases in itunes that works too

Thanks dude...but how would I delete Appsynch and reinstall it. How do I even know if I have it installed. When i got to install it, it says "for reason unknown his cant be installed." or something to that effect...also how does one transfer the filed with Cyber duck? That can read an iphone?

WhiteHot
21st December 2010, 12:30 AM
For transfering via FTP you need to have installed the root and figured out the password (usually 'alpine')

Google 'SSH into your iPhone for Mac'.

It's like rooting around in Finder, but in CyberDuck, and you're rooting through your iPhone!

I had to do this to get the GBA emulator free; the damn author was going to charge me!

Edit: Basically, if you SSH into your phone, you should be able to 'plop' the .app right into the exact place they're stored.

martyn4568
21st December 2010, 12:32 AM
I had the same problem with my iphone 4 all i did is open up itunes right click on the left where it says iphone or what ever you named your phone then click transfer purchases then when you sync new apps it should be fine.

vodoochild81
21st December 2010, 02:36 AM
I had the same problem with my iphone 4 all i did is open up itunes right click on the left where it says iphone or what ever you named your phone then click transfer purchases then when you sync new apps it should be fine.

I did say transfer purchases over...also when i synch'd it erased apps that were already backed up in itunes...it also transfered some new ones fine...

When you had this problem did it erase all your apps or was it random?

martyn4568
21st December 2010, 02:40 AM
Sometimes itunes didn't transfer my purchases properly then the ones that didn't transfer would get deleted, thats the only time my apps get erased.

vodoochild81
21st December 2010, 02:47 AM
Sometimes itunes didn't transfer my purchases properly then the ones that didn't transfer would get deleted, thats the only time my apps get erased.

So it was random? Idk I might just unjailbreak my phone. Its like a headache of problems, and I dont even really play the iphone games because they are pretty bad.... My batterly also isnt so hot and I hear its because its jailbroken. Have u had any other issues with it? I mean hacking an xbox is one thing because who cares if it breaks but I will feel really stupid if I need to make phone call and I cant cause it was more important to get free games on it.

KroniK
21st December 2010, 06:27 AM
I had this problem before but I was using windows but it should be the same for mac. Plug your iPhone into iTunes. Right click on your iPhone and click reset warnings. When you get the popup to transfer your apps to iTunes click ok but DO NO CHECK THE BOX TO REMEMBER MY ANSWER. For some weird reason the next time you transfer apps into iTunes with this box checked it ends up deleting your apps. Just remember to not check the box whenever the transfer app comes up, just hit OK/Transfer.

martyn4568
21st December 2010, 07:29 AM
So it was random? Idk I might just unjailbreak my phone. Its like a headache of problems, and I dont even really play the iphone games because they are pretty bad.... My batterly also isnt so hot and I hear its because its jailbroken. Have u had any other issues with it? I mean hacking an xbox is one thing because who cares if it breaks but I will feel really stupid if I need to make phone call and I cant cause it was more important to get free games on it.

Yh pretty much just when purchases didn't transfer properly. I don't have any other problems with it being jail broken I think its the best thing to do to a iphone. As for the battery life my battery is really good can use it non stop and it will last upto 2 days.

vodoochild81
21st December 2010, 04:10 PM
Yh pretty much just when purchases didn't transfer properly. I don't have any other problems with it being jail broken I think its the best thing to do to a iphone. As for the battery life my battery is really good can use it non stop and it will last upto 2 days.

Non stop for 2 days? No way. How much would you say you get...

indigokid1
22nd December 2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks dude...but how would I delete Appsynch and reinstall it. How do I even know if I have it installed. When i got to install it, it says "for reason unknown his cant be installed." or something to that effect...also how does one transfer the filed with Cyber duck? That can read an iphone?
go to cydia and looking in ur installed packages. you can delete appsync from there if u have it. search youtube for how to use cyber duck to SSH into ur ipod. you will need to dl openssh from cydia and also sbsettings so u can toggle SSH on and off

oh almost forgot. u will also have to redownload appsync for 4.1 and then reboot inorder for it to work. the problem may be caused because ur not registered. which is what installous plays off of to install caracked .ipa's. try installing a free app or something before using installous